Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Alan Stepney (Alan S) passed away

Bill H

His son probably has his hands full right now, but I hope in time he will share some more information with Alan's "other family."

• Like 1

Paul

His son probably has his hands full right now, but I hope in time he will share some more information with Alan's "other family."

I am working on contacting someone in the UK now. 

I just created a thread in the "Cell Phones" forum, trying to sort out UK numbers and how to ring them from abroad.

Bill H

Not such a bad death after all.  Thank you for getting the facts to us.  I'm happy he did not suffer or linger in some hospital.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Thanks again Paul, Alan is going to be missed for a very long time here.

• Like 6

trthebees

I clicked like because I appreciate the effort you made Paul to find out the circumstances of Alan's passing and Bigmook for finding a photo. I'm not sure it was the right thing to do for a sad notice, but it's good to read that Alan was active until the end.

As I've said before, I'll miss Alan's witty, incisive and selfless observations on topics and hope his family know how much he was respected on this forum.

• Like 6

Paul

Well, I figure some of the members here would have wanted to know. I know I did. 

I figure ol' Alan doesn't mind, knowing him as I did. I would want the membership to know how I went out, as well. 

• Like 8

Enuff

I'm glad he got to do what he loved to do and happy he went quickly.

God Bless

• Like 5

Sonny

I always hoped he could come to Lubbock, Texas to satisfy one of his passions someday.   RIP, old fellow.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Condolences to the family.  R.I.P. 

philuk

Been looking on the net here, but not finding anything,

If anyone knows his location in the Uk we could search the local news paper,

Chas

I am pretty sure it is on the South Coast and believe it is Bournemouth area, but maybe towards Southampton.

Paul, can you supply the area code you phoned, 01xxx, then we can get an idea if this is correct. You would have substituted 0044 for that first 0.

Chas

I can confirm that 01202 is the Bournemouth Area Code. My memory has not failed completely, Alan did live in the Bournemouth area.

Thanks Paul.

• Like 1