Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Alan S passed away: It is with very deep regret, that I inform the members and guests

mikewright

RIP Alan. My condolences to Alan's family.

easy44

What a shock! Alan was a solid guy and always the voice of reason. Someone that you expect to always be there. RIP Alan. You will be missed.

Pman

R.I.P.

:(

Chas

Stunned and saddened at the loss of a huge influence for good on the Forum.  A rationale respected voice restoring order, he will be much missed by us all.

I share Alan's love of steam, both model and full size, and I will always think of him when I see his namesake, Stroudley Terrier No 55 'Stepney' preserved on the Bluebell Railway in the UK.

If there is a hereafter Alan, I hope you have found the answer to the question that bothered you - where did your Dad go at short notice during WW2.

My condolences to his family.  I regret never having met him in person.

• Like 3

Alfred E. Neuman

The Closer finally closed. See you soon website friend.

• Like 1

Jeepney

RIP Alan ,

My condolences to his family

PhilsFan

RIP Alan. 

AlooGobi

RIP Allan

greatplace

Wow I am shocked as all members are...........he was the rock of Gibraltar to  this forum  :rip:

battleborn

Truly unexpected.  R.I.P.  Alan

Lordblacknail

RIP Alan

Headshot

What a shock to wake up to this morning. Somebody asked how old Alan was, and I don't know precisely, but I do know that he was there when dirt was invented. He will be missed sorely. He truly earned his nickname "the closer" because he locked more threads than any other staff member. And of course, as an admin, Alan wasn't JUST a staff member. Paul, Broden and Steve will be hard pressed to fill in the huge hole his passing leaves. At least, it seems like whatever killed him did so very quickly (and hopefully with no pain). I would guess a cardiac arrest or a stroke, but whatever it was...at his advanced years...he died of old age. I will miss his steady hand and conciliatory nature, and I will also miss his posts on the forums. We had lost a very good and generous man this weekend. Even though he died back in Britain, Alan had a lot of long-term experience in the Philippines. Most of his experience, and many of his perspectives, are simply not replaceable by any other member. RIP Alan.

• Like 2

USMC-Retired

RIP

Daddy

R.I.P.

jtmwatchbiz

condolences to his family.  i enjoyed interacting with him here and he was a genuine nice guy who cared about all of us.  his latest and probably last(?) forum project was to promote a fund for helping fellow members in need of medical assistance who may not be able to afford it.