Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Alan S passed away: It is with very deep regret, that I inform the members and guests

Paul

That Alan Stepney (Alan S) passed away. I just learned of his passing. (Email quoted below.) 

Alan has been a VERY big part of this forum, for many years. He has been an Administrator on this site, for God knows how long. I'm sorry. I am just in shock at the moment. I can't think of anything further to say at this time, other than he will be missed, terribly. Although we have had a number of members pass over the years, Alan is the first staff member to pass away, ever, since the inception of the Living in Cebu family of websites.

The email I received was from Alan's personal email address, composed by his son.

Hi. 

My name is John Stepney and it is with great regrets that I have to advise you that my father Alan passed away on Friday.

I would be greatful if anyone could help myself and family with the sorting of my father's collection of valves, radio and model engineering equipment.

Please respond to xxxxxxxxxxxxx as this email isn't being monitered.

Regards.

John

This is truly, a very sad day for this forum, this family.

He is referring to Alan's hobby. Check out his site: http://www.alanstepney.info

Edited by Paul

colemanlee

Shocked me, Alan was a asset to humanity, you never expect them to pass...God bless him and and his family 

• Like 1

Lee

:( Alan will be truly missed by many of us. RIP Alan, please send our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Scotsbloke

Real sad to read this.  Alan was such a nice and intelligent bloke. The world is poorer.

• Like 1

softail

Yes he has been an important part of this site for years. We have lost to many quality members over the years, most I have never met but I almost felt like they were family.

• Like 1

broden

damn

send my family's condolences Paul

jessdaddy

terrible loss.

philuk

I have no words,

• Like 1

Paul

Whatever it was, it was short. He last posted on this site about 2:30pm, UK Time, Friday afternoon. 

I will try to find out further information, if possible.

Mr. Mike

What a sad surprise...my jaw dropped when I read this post.

God bless Alan and his loved ones.

death_by_cupcake

What was Alan's age?  Do we have any pictures of him?

Kahuna

sorry to hear this..My condolences to the family.. 

AB2000

RIP. A quality guy for sure.

As for his son's email, I know Allan mentioned he had quite the valve collection. Some are literally worth their weight in gold, depending on the brand and type, especially many of the British made ones, which I assume he would have in abundance. Let him know not to just give that stuff away.

• Like 1

bmoore

This is very sad to hear. His posts were always informative and thoughtful. RIP.

Tullioz

Sad news indeed. Although I did not know him personally, his posts here were always insightful and he always showed respect to others. Sending prayers to his family as well as to those who consider him to be a part of their family whether it be in real life or online.

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2