Sign in to follow this  
JamesMusslewhite

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Philippine Travel Warning

JamesMusslewhite

dos_image.jpg

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens:  Philippine Travel Warning

October 22, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES.  PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.  THANK YOU.

The U.S. Embassy wishes to advise all U.S. citizens that the Department of State issued an updated Philippines Travel Warning on October 21, 2015.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to the Philippines, in particular to the Sulu Archipelago, certain regions and cities of the island of Mindanao, and the southern Sulu Sea area.  This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated May 20, 2015, and reflects continuing threats in those areas due to terrorist and insurgent activities.

The full text of this message can be found on the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/philippines-travel-warning.html. The message can also be accessed through the Embassy website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha008.html. U.S. citizens should closely monitor Travel Warnings and Alerts, as well as Country Specific Information, on the Department of State's travel website to be informed of the latest safety and security information for destination countries.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information. 

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.  

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000. 

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). 

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

colemanlee

When I get one of these I always wonder if there is still anybody in the world that does not know this?????

Other than Tullioz of course

Edited by colemanlee

Tullioz

When I get one of these I always wonder if there is still anybody in the world that does not know this?????

Other than Tullioz of course

What would lead you to believe that I do not now this information already? 

colemanlee

What would lead you to believe that I do not now this information already? 

Im sure you know it, I should have said you dont believe it 

Tullioz

Im sure you know it, I should have said you dont believe it 

No, I also believe it and have also mentioned the risks involved these same areas in many of my posts in the past.

goldote

No, I also believe it and have also mentioned the risks involved these same areas in many of my posts in the past.

They left out Chicago.