Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Sarcastic and snide replies

Paul

I am glad to see this post from you. It is distracting to have to read through the wisecracks and sarcasm sometimes. Of course, some of the topics invite such. As well many times the OP even encourages the back and forth repartee.

It may be entertaining, but much of the time it distracts from what is an interesting or informative topic.

I just grow tired of seeing the mess. People don't have to be jerks when someone is posting, trying to secure information that is important to them. 

• Like 8

Davaoeno

Some guy was really worried about how he would know if his filipina was a virgin - so he asked for linc members to help him out.

One of the answers he got in response to his serious enquiry was this :

"  Annnnnd TJ tags into the ring, letting the Frog come out. And, boy, does he come in punchin'!  "    

I'm wondering if this is the thread that prompted this thread ?

• Like 1

colemanlee

My thread about Trafalgar Day has been turned into a 'Ireland is/isn't part of the UK archipelago' discussion.  

At least its keeping them off our ass for a while....

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

I still learn important stuff that i actually go back to the archives to retrieve

Ditto.  The sarcastic replies do not stop me from reading, but they sure slow down my posting.  There are a lot of very smart people on this forum.  The problem is some of them tend not to like anyone else having an opinion that differs from them, so they seem to feel the need to stomp on it.  That's too bad, really.

• Like 8

arentol

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but what's the difference between an upstairs forum and a downstairs forum?

In January of 2017 I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary of being a LinC Member and I still don't know about up and downstairs forums. Please no sarcastic and snide replies. :cool:

Aren

Edited by arentol
  • Like 5

shonkyimp

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but what's the difference between an upstairs forum and a downstairs forum?

Aren

I was wondering the same thing
  • Like 1

Johnny S

Ditto.  The sarcastic replies do not stop me from reading, but they sure slow down my posting.  There are a lot of very smart people on this forum.  The problem is some of them tend not to like anyone else having an opinion that differs from them, so they seem to feel the need to stomp on it.  That's too bad, really.

Stomp back!

• Like 1

thebob

The hidden forums are sometimes referred to as "downstairs", because they are at the bottom of the list of forums. The rest are "upstairs".

• Like 4

ricardo123#

I try to not let the snide crap bother me.. altho it does sometimes... mostly if I have something constructive to say or inoffensively funny occurs to me I will post it.. but other wise I tend to keep my mouth shut. In every crowd there will be those that are just un-happy ass-wipes that feel better about themselves only when they can pull down someone else.. glad of the post though.. maybe it will weed out some of the more self absorbed twats,, :P

Edited by ricardo123#
  • Like 8

Paul

I'm wondering if this is the thread that prompted this thread ?

Just so people know I am serious about this, we now have our first member restricted to down stairs.

Who wants to be next? 

• Like 5

Paul

In January of 2017 I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary of being a LinC Member and I still don't know about up and downstairs forums. Please no sarcastic and snide replies. :cool:

Aren

Hidden forums are where topics that would normally not be allowed on the open forums, may be posted. Sometimes, they are topics of a more personal nature. Some are political, some religious, etc.

Members must request to have access to these forums, because not everyone wants to discuss other country's political or religious topics on the Living in Cebu Forums. By offering them "additional" access, it gives members the opportunity to pick and choose what types of topics they wish to be included in, on the site. 

It's not like any of the forums are "top secret". It's just a matter of them not being available to the general public for viewing. 

However, one forum - "The Cellar", is one where ONLY members of that forum have met and interacted with other members. So, everyone in that forum knows at least two (2) other forum members, on a personal level.

Hidden Forums available to members on this site:

Downstairs (Hidden) Forums - Each of them have requirements to have access granted. Read the forum descriptions at each link. 

The Cellar - Must have met at least two members, in person, to be granted access. Contact Monsoon, Salty Dog, or Paul, for further information.

Dirty Kitchen - Send a PM to thebob in order to be granted access to this forum. (Only available to Full Member users and above, as new members do not have access to the PM feature.)

Political / Religious Forums - Self explanatory. Not everyone wants to discuss Political, Religious, or other topics (typically) not allowed on the open forums of this site. This list of forums allows some of those discussions to take place. Contact (Paul) if you wish to have access to these forums.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3