Engagement rings and keeping her safe...how much should I spend?

PhilsFan

I would like her to have something nice but worried she could get robbed or hurt if I bought something to expensive. She is not  materialistic but most all women want one...thoughts? We live in the city not the province.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhilsFan

• agent17

• rep1

• For Real

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not think the average thief knows the value of a ring. Buy her something that shows you care and stop worrying about being robbed. 

She can rotate the ring so it just looks like a band, with the setting faced toward the palm of her hand, while in town shopping, etc.    Just a thought.

my wife and i wear my parents rings.. they mean a lot to us .. far more then they are worth monetarily   my Dad had passed away before we got married but both him and my Mom had talked about this be

Posted Images

My wife never wore hers in Cebu, too dangerous - just buy her what you feel like buying her and accept that she can't wear it until you are somewhere else.

You should buy two. A small one for everyday use and a big one for special occasions.

I'm good at spending other people's money!

• Like 4
For Real

Get a good one as you can afford and get a cheaper one too. Good one for special/safe occasions and the other reminder for no so safe occasions.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

My wife's friend has a huge diamond- about 3 or 4 carats.  She paid 400 pesos for it.

I only bought my wife a little one - and it cost under 100K  . Just call me kuriput 

She can rotate the ring so it just looks like a band, with the setting faced toward the palm of her hand, while in town shopping, etc. 

Just a thought.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Tell me again how the Philippines is so safe and people are always exaggerating about the dangers... :db:

• Like 4
RogerDuMond

My wife never wanted an engagement ring. She loves jewelry and good gold and is not really worried about getting robed, but then she carries a gun.

• Like 4

I do not think the average thief knows the value of a ring. Buy her something that shows you care and stop worrying about being robbed. 

• Like 7

Easy

Get her something you wont lose sleep over with if its get stolen

• Like 1

I have a ring like this in philippines

Made to order :)post-15060-0-24880900-1445495333_thumb.jpeg

Alfred E. Neuman

40 thousand for daily use, 700 thousand for special functions.

• Like 2