Philippine dating sites... whats your experience?

bkkmarlowe

Over the years I have read several threads here on LinC about Philippine online dating sites.

Opinions vary a lot. Some warn of scammers, liars, prostitutes. While others say they found the love of their life online.

Me, I have had mixed results. Yes, I have found the occasional gem ... and of course the usual scammers. But mostly I have found single moms with no job and no means to support their offspring.

I would be interested if LinC members could give some fresh comment on THEIR OWN online dating experience....

PhilsFan

In 1999 I met a filipina (Chinoy) online who was working in Taiwan for a US based shoe company. We were together about 7 years (LDR) but neither of us wanted to leave our jobs  she so she traveled here to USA and I to Taiwan and later when she was transferred to China I traveled all over Mainland China on our vacations. Ultimately we decided not to marry but she opened my eyes to the beauty of SE Asia, bless her heart.

Later, I met a girl online from Mindanao  We had chatted daily for about 9 months before meeting. She worked most of her life for a very powerful family but after meeting her I knew that I was just a meal ticket as money requests started to pour in for anything and everything...crisis after crisis. So of course that relationship went bust after our 4th day together.

IMO, if you find someone online and they seem like a good match, get your butt over there as fast as you can to reduce the amount of time wasted on the wrong girl for you.

Even if you seem like a good match, you may not know it for some time after being together.

I also think when you find the RIGHT girl after some time and experience here...you will know it.

Boots on the ground is your friend. Some get lucky online, but I think it's very rare.

It's expensive and inconvenient to fly half-way around the world to find your match, but a good Filipina is worth it.

Lots of scammers.

Lots of sincere young women hopping to marry.

• Like 2
bkkmarlowe

Why so? I have read the LinC archives ... as I said in my OP. 

Fresh comment? There are new LinC members coming on board all the time and new dating sites pop up from time to time. I am interested in comments from any members who want to share their online dating experiences with us. And perhaps warnings or recommendations regarding free and paid sites.

contraman

very positive. I got what I wanted from them. Easy as cake.

Care to elaborate ?

On second thoughts, Never Mind :idontknow:

• Like 5
cebulover2000

Scammers are often the gals who are posting the sexy pictures, your own fault if you fly like a mosquito into the trap. The good ones are taken fast, so be fast. Don't get hung up on the girls you are chatting up, I didn't like any of them in person.

• Like 2
For Real

Why so?

It's all been said before.

Whilst newcomers join the game the objectives from both sides haven't changed.

montserrat

you want to look for the ones that have just joined the site like THAT DAY.

they can join the site at like 8am, you can message them at 9am and you can meet them at 10am. BAM BAM BAM. It is like a dreamy haze for them. They don't know what hit them.

The good ones are taken fast, so be fast.

Edited by montserrat
RogerDuMond

they can join the site at like 8am, you can message them at 9am and you can meet them at 10am. BAM BAM BAM. It is like a dreamy haze for them. They don't know what hit them.

Don't start going along that line of posting Whippy or you will get banned again.

• Like 2

you want to look for the ones that have just joined the site like THAT DAY.

The secrets of an Ice Cream Salesman with an inflated ego !!!!

Wolfpack

Over the years I have read several threads here on LinC about Philippine online dating sites.

Opinions vary a lot. Some warn of scammers, liars, prostitutes. While others say they found the love of their life online.

Me, I have had mixed results. Yes, I have found the occasional gem ... and of course the usual scammers. But mostly I have found single moms with no job and no means to support their offspring.

I would be interested if LinC members could give some fresh comment on THEIR OWN online dating experience....

if I were single, seeking a filipina for a long term relationship...I would stay away from the dating site...

hangout at a college, where the students have lunch...ask for a girls phone number...and they really give you their real number (not like women in the states, who find it amusing to give you a wrong number)...

or find a girl who has an actual job...just strike up a conversation in any store...ask a girl number...they really give them out...

when I was single, a friend of mine had a competition with me...who could get the most real numbers at SM mall in 2 hours...he crushed me...he got over 50 real numbers...to my less than 10...

• Like 1
bkkmarlowe

For Real:

Firstly, please dont reply INSIDE my quoted post. Its against LinC forum rules as our founder will tell you.

You may think that its all been said before... but other members may disagree..

... and wish to share their experiences and participate in this thread. Have a nice day. :yahoo:

Edited by bkkmarlowe