Hello

volstateguy

volstateguy

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum on and off for a a couple of years and I've posted a couple of questions, however I've never formally introduced myself. Since I've just booked airline tickets and reserved a hotel for my first trip to Cebu I figured it was about time. My name is Brett, I'm 36, from Tennessee and I've been in the US Air Force for going on 17 years. I'm currently stationed in Germany, which i really enjoy coz it gives me the chance to do some travelling around Europe. I've been divorced twice and I have a 15 year old daughter. I've been wanting to visit the Cebu for sometime now and had actually planned to in Nov 07, but the Air Force got in the way of that visit so I had to postpone. So now I've finally been able to firm up plans to visit this January, so I'll be there for 2 weeks from the 8-23. So I'm looking forward to experiencing Sinulog. If anyone would like to meet up with me after I arrive I would appreciate any advice or anything you can pass along. Beers on me of course. Anyway, thanks for your time, and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Brett

Beers on me of course.

FREE BEER.... .woo hoo... I am there !

I also have the oppurtunity to travel around Europe for a few years. It was a great experience.

Make sure your hotel is all book in advance for Sinulog. It is a fun event but NOTHING like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I know Cebuanos like to market it as the Mardi Gras of the Philippines... but you find out that NO ONE ( Except me ) is drinking in public. (you have to drink beer out of a plastic bag)

I know Cebuanos like to market it as the Mardi Gras of the Philippines... but you find out that NO ONE ( Except me ) is drinking in public. (you have to drink beer out of a plastic bag)

Beer in plastic bag!? Eww :mellow: Maybe it's time you hopped on to Iloilo for fun during the Dinagyang Festival! lol That way you won't miss out when it comes to drinking beer in public. :P

beerfd2.jpg

Plus the Dinagyang Festival is also hailed as the Best Tourism Event. http://www.thenewstoday.info/2008/10/06/di...ll.of.fame.html

volstateguy

Thanks Balay, I have made reservations at Rajah Park hotel. Hotels definitely seemed to be filling up. Many had rooms available up to the the weekend of the 16th, but were booked after that. I think I got a good location with Rajah Park being right on the circle. I heard Sinulog compared to Mardi Gras before, but I didn't think anything else could be that outta control. Even tho its nothing like Mardi Gras I still think it will be a fun experience. I can always go to the bar afterwards for a beer, or take a break from the festivities for a quick cold beer.

Beer in plastic bag!? Eww :D Maybe it's time you hopped on to Iloilo for fun during the Dinagyang Festival! lol That way you won't miss out when it comes to drinking beer in public. B)

I am up for the Boat Trip over there.... I love drinking in public.

Thanks Balay, I have made reservations at Rajah Park hotel. Hotels definitely seemed to be filling up. Many had rooms available up to the the weekend of the 16th, but were booked after that. I think I got a good location with Rajah Park being right on the circle. I heard Sinulog compared to Mardi Gras before, but I didn't think anything else could be that outta control. Even tho its nothing like Mardi Gras I still think it will be a fun experience. I can always go to the bar afterwards for a beer, or take a break from the festivities for a quick cold beer.

Yeah that is a good location.

I may even get a hotel room for that weekend because driving during the sinulog is a nightmare.

Most of the time I have to park at Ayala and hike all the way up to Fuente Osmena.

To be honest nothing really is compared to Mardi Gras in New Orleans... many may try.. but I spent a few Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street.

They now have concerts in the parking lot of One Mango and Mango Square.. .so my days of drinking out of a bag are over anyway.

I am up for the Boat Trip over there.... I love drinking in public.

You won't regret it. Better plan out and make reservations. :D

hi brett..

its nice to hear that you will be here by time of the SINULOG CELEBRATION.

it would be a nice and enjoyable vacation.

see you soon........

volstateguy

Thanks Yeyeng, I think it is going to be an enjoyable experience.

Balay, I haven't been to Mardi Gras yet, but I've seen footage on TV, and I know that doesnt scratch the surface of the craziness that happens there. The closest I've been to that would be Oktoberfest. It's nothing like Mardi Gras, but the beer is great! If you're gonna be there you may as well let me buy you a beer or two.

Brett