Sign in to follow this  
tim

Unclaimed Passports in Cebu consular agency

tim

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Message for U.S. Citizens: Large Number of Unclaimed Passports at U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu

October 20, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.   

There are a large number of U.S. passports ready for pick-up at the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu.  If you have recently applied for a U.S. passport using the Cebu Consular Agency, please contact the Agency to see if your document is ready for pick-up.  You may contact the Consular Agency at (63 32) 231-1261 or by email at [email protected].

Passports that remain unclaimed for more than 90 days after issuance will be returned to the U.S. State Department Headquarters in Washington D.C. for destruction.   If your passport is unclaimed and returned for destruction, you will need to complete a new application and pay all fees in order to obtain a new U.S. passport.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.  

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1

Paul

Passports that remain unclaimed for more than 90 days after issuance will be returned to the U.S. State Department Headquarters in Washington D.C. for destruction.   If your passport is unclaimed and returned for destruction, you will need to complete a new application and pay all fees in order to obtain a new U.S. passport.

I bet this will get some people off their asses to collect their passports. 

• Like 1

Nangulo

I renewed my passport Feb 2015.  Dropped it off at Cebu Consulate and would return same to pick up.  They don't message you when the passports arrive.  You have to call.  What I found out was this:  Consulate in Cebu opens at 0800 but they don't see customers until 0900.  From 0800 to 0900 is when they answer their phones.  At 0900 they start taking care of the customers and the phone is (most probably) turned off.  I never got a hold of the Consulate by phone after 0900.  The several times I was in the Consulate, I never heard a phone ring.

• Like 1

TDCNINJA

I bet this will get some people off their asses to collect their passports. 

I bet you're right. You know, Paul, this ain't been a good year for passports for the state department.

Paul

I bet you're right. You know, Paul, this ain't been a good year for passports for the state department.

I got caught up in that mess too, and ended up with one of those wasteful one-year passports. 5 pages for visas. But, you have to have six months validity on your passport, for (most) countries that I know of, anyway, before they will issue you a visa. 

They should have made them valid for at least 18 months, to make the things useful enough to waste your time on in the first place.

Edited by Paul

broden

i'll take a couple extra passports if they can't get rid of them

SkyMan

Sounds like they got through whatever was stuffing up the embassy passport problem and now they caught up with the backlog. Seems like they could at least take an email addy when you apply and if you haven't picked up by 60 days or whatever, they nudge you.

Paul

Well, I will be able to post information as to whether they have finally gotten their sheeeit together, regarding those of us who need to renew our passports while abroad. 

I have to renew mine by or before January, 2016. I am currently running on a "temporary emergency" passport that is only valid for a year, because of the mess that happened earlier this year, in the US.