Hello from Taiwan

scoander

Hello All:

My name is Scott. I am a 52-year-old American teaching and living in Taiwan. I have no plans to return to the States to live. I hope to move to Cebu as soon as I figure out a way(s) to earn a living there :as-if:.

Taiwan and Chinese culture, well, just don't do it for me anymore. I've been here too long--and have taught "Engrish-i" too long. And there's something about the Philippines. After I got over the initial shock of widespread poverty, something began trickling into my blood. I love the place--and my Cebuana girlfriend with whom I maintain a long-distance relationship. Fortunately, Cebu is not all that far away.

There are thousands of overseas Filipino workers here, toiling in factories and sending home remittance cash. I sometimes hangout at the shops that cater to the OFWs--run by Filipinas married to Taiwanese--when I might need a little taste of the Philippines--and San Mig'--to get me through.

MattFromGA

nice to have you on the board.

Beam me up Scottie!