Adoption?

I've noticed in my GF's large Filipino family that informal adoptions are how Filipinos adopt. Somebody wants a kid, someone else having trouble raising a kid. Said kid just turns up one day with new family. I realize this probably won't work if a foriegner is involved...

Skywalker

I've noticed in my GF's large Filipino family that informal adoptions are how Filipinos adopt. Somebody wants a kid, someone else having trouble raising a kid. Said kid just turns up one day with new family.

Right on the money davehud.  This is also very common in Thailand, although large families are not the norm there.  The temples are often repositories for young boys also.

However, things often get more complex when there is a foreigner involved, and unfortunately children often become a tradable commodity in those circumstances.  Though it isn't always the case.

Chris stokes

Larry, I would suggest that you first consult with DSWD.

agree with PIM on this. Wife and i looked at adoption 8 years ago. We Talked to DSWD in Cebu ( corner of maxilom ave and mj ceunco av )

The social worker there explained the process involved. At the time they would not even consider mixed marriage parents until they had been married 5 years and lived in philippines for 3 years. They said that statistically the mixed marriage is less stable.

Well whilst we waited we tried IVF in Cebu. It worked 1st time, our son is 6 years old now.

I felt that the DSWD actualy cared about the children involved.

I

• Like 1

Make sure the child is a true orphan, no living parents. We tried to adopt but the mother popped up and the adoption was denied.