Living in a neutral country with a Filipina

miles-high

Perhaps a commonwealth country, i.e. Singapore, Vancouver B.C, OZ, NZ. It may be less immigration hassle.

For the US I would second the vote for Hawaii.

If interested in "retiring" in Hawaii or Guam (or anywhere else in the US), you may wish to look into the EB-5 "Investor visa" for the designated regional center... It would be a "passive" investment in that you would not need to hire 10 and be profitable... Consult your immigration lawyer and ready to invest $500,000 in the US Government... :)

arentol

I don't know if I like the sound of Karaoke in some parts of the Philippines better, or the blaring morning chants in Malaysia, Indonesia and all those countries... :)

Yes, I think it would be a bit annoying. I suppose it depends on one's location. I spent time in the KL and also Ipoh, a city to the north of KL, and didn't find it to be a problem (i.e., couldn't hear any chanting on loudspeakers).

From what I saw, the brand of Islam in Malaysia is about as liberal as possible... the girls there were gorgeous and I saw very few of the head-coverings in KL. One thing I enjoyed there was the food... quite a nice variety of native food, Chinese, and also Indian. All in all, it's pretty laid back and similar to Philippines in quite a few ways. I imagine that Philippines would be even more similar to Malaysia if Magellan & Co. didn't set-up shop here for 300+ years, but that's all history.

Anyways, those were my experiences.

Cheers,

Aren

• Like 1
colemanlee

ready to invest $500,000 in the US Government

Lol, lets see who the next Pres is first....

• Like 1
miles-high

I've been with my Filipina for quite a few years and married for the last couple of those. We have a strong marriage and have a child - will probably stop at two.

the girls there were gorgeous

Hope his wife never reads your post haha :D

• Like 2
For Real

The only foreigners who retire in Singapore are the ones who have built their empires there, be they freemasons, businessmen or both, these are the one who stay as it costs at least $10,000 / month to live comfortably (before any hobbies). Malaysia could be a good choice if you like outdoors and matters naughtical.

A lot of blokes are very happy in Indonesia in the provinces (I couldn't stomach Jakarta or Bali full time). The Child(ren)'s education is also a concern...I think you should check out Malaysia first.

Be great if you can come up with a list of priorities and activities you want to partake in an we can help nut out a plan.