Any Foreigners living here?

Skywalker

Am I just being overly sensitive or is it not a good idea to post things like this on the public forum ?

You've been called many things.........

But sensitive isn't one of them.    :bighug:

• Like 4
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayT

• colemanlee

• JamesMusslewhite

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually that so you dont meet another woman, or give any of your money to anybody but them

I believe some members have said they knew of a requirement to have foreign residents "register" with the barangay. It may very well be that there is some sort of requirement.   I have lived here

Agree.. I think Filipina's have an unwritten rule about foreigners..  "Possession is nine tenths of the law".  

colemanlee

Am I just being overly sensitive or is it not a good idea to post things like this on the public forum ?

Your overly sensitive..... :db:

• Like 1
colemanlee

Man- thats a new low for me !! 

Its not really a new low, trust me youve been lower....its just your Canadian and cant help it.... :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2

The point is don't be too friendly because you will look weak. In this country it is better to be feared then loved.

Edited by JohnD
Headshot

The point is don't be too friendly because you will look weak. In this country it is better to be feared then loved.

Very Machiavellian. The "prince" would have agreed with you.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

According to the latest census, there are 10,000 foreigners living in and near Cebu City. The safest and best way to travel in the Philippines is with a filipino , this way you avoid being a target of scams and ripoffs because even though English is spoken, there are many that do not.

Captainmike

First, here the PNP wanted to know all foreigners living here, and provide documentation to them. I believe this had more to do with Yolanda. 'Here' is S. Leyte.

Second, it's census time. 

Third, a scam is being copied all over with folks scoping out residences for robberies and such. Was on ABS-CBN and GMA7 news recently.

Angbumabasa (Rufus)...

I just noticed your profile picture...  thought you might enjoy this picture for next Christmas...

22OrtOE

TheWhiteKnight

Even visa information is misleading. Is this in reference to a visa for the Philippines? If so, why is issuing country necessary?

That's easy because the actual visa's are issued outside of the county. For example I have a 12 month multiple re-entry tourist visa issued in Thailand. It might be useful information if there was a concern.

I see there are lots of good reasons for living in a condo :-)

Indeed, in the few years I've now been living in various condos around Cebu city ,I've noticed the guards do a fine job of keeping people out.

Not once - not one single time - has any salesman, dodgy census person or so-called barangay officials made it all the way upstairs to my door, to ask questions or deliver forms, let alone extract answers.

So my guess is, this is all nonsense and scams, and some of you may need to up your security.

• Like 2

According to the latest census, there are 10,000 foreigners living in and near Cebu City. The safest and best way to travel in the Philippines is with a filipino , this way you avoid being a target of scams and ripoffs because even though English is spoken, there are many that do not.

they mean with filipinas?