• Marriage!
    • Just live together!
    • Prefer to live alone.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Marriage or live in partner

I dont see any reasons to get married :D

You can do everything what a married person can do while staying single and more

So for those of you who are or were married

What was your reason?

You can love her without marriage

You can have sex without marriage

You can live with her without marriage

Etc.

OK, but why not get married?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilyfe

• RogerDuMond

• colemanlee

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a note, me and wifey lived together for a couple of years, didn't get married mainly because Im the worlds biggest procrastinator, so after my son came along, thinking of the benefits being marri

Some reasons to get married:   #1 Don’t need to ask her name again when you get up in the morning. #2 Sharing your life with someone if you found someone who enjoys what you do, a soulmate? #3 DINK:

Although my wife has never mentioned that, that is exactly why I married her. Filipinas hear so much bullshit from foreigners e.g. calling them their wife when they're not and professing undying love

Posted Images

OK, but why not get married?

Lol you gave back my question

Well let see here

Why should i if i can do what a married couples can do and more

None of that hassles of divorce incase you dont want her around nymore :D

NOSOCALPINOY

Maybe eventually marriage licenses will have expiration dates to avoid the hassles of getting

a divorce. Prenups helps, only for those who have huge assets is on the right track for starters!

I wonder what Donald Trump is worth these days? Maybe if he becomes President, it might happen

and he would gladly sign it to make it a law in favor of the would be marriage dodgers living in sin.

Would that change your mind hilyfe in getting married? It just maybe your kind of law by just discarding

the women you can't handle when the marriage license expires and you can go on to find another you can get along with. :idontknow:

• Like 1

if you want her to live in your own country full-time, marriage is perhaps the only legal way..

That's the main reason for men, and Roger already gave the main reason for women: inheritance money, though that can be handled other ways.

Some reasons to get married:

#1 Don’t need to ask her name again when you get up in the morning.

#2 Sharing your life with someone if you found someone who enjoys what you do, a soulmate?

#3 DINK: you will have more purchasing power, potentially more enjoyable life together.

#4 If she is a Filipina and if you want her to live in your own country full-time, marriage is perhaps the only legal way...

#5 You can support each other in may ways.

#6 If you want your child(ren) to grow up in a more traditional way...

:D

Well I can go with 1 and 6. But the rest are ok with just a partnership.

For Real

Why would you let someone live in when it's only the sex you want?

What is the definition of eternity?

The time that elapses between when you come and she leaves....

• Like 2

It felt right. Still does. Children benefit from it too.

• Like 4

Maybe eventually marriage licenses will have expiration dates to avoid the hassles of getting

a divorce. Prenups helps, only for those who have huge assets is on the right track for starters!

I wonder what Donald Trump is worth these days? Maybe if he becomes President, it might happen

and he would gladly sign it to make it a law in favor of the would be marriage dodgers living in sin.

Would that change your mind hilyfe in getting married? It just maybe your kind of law by just discarding

the women you can't handle when the marriage license expires and you can go on to find another you can get along with. :idontknow:

That depends of i get to choose how many years is the contract itll be

With a renewable option lets make it a yearly contract

Some reasons to get married:

#1 Don’t need to ask her name again when you get up in the morning.

#2 Sharing your life with someone if you found someone who enjoys what you do, a soulmate?

#3 DINK: you will have more purchasing power, potentially more enjoyable life together.

#4 If she is a Filipina and if you want her to live in your own country full-time, marriage is perhaps the only legal way...

#5 You can support each other in may ways.

#6 If you want your child(ren) to grow up in a more traditional way...

:D

1hmmm same thing married or not

2hmmm same thing again you can do that also without marriage

3hmmm same thing infact you dont need to ask if you can buy it just get it if you can afford it

4hmmm i guess you have a good point here

5hmmm same thing you can do that also without contract

6hmmm oh they call that bastardo in philippines a kid without a father or a mother

Why would you let someone live in when it's only the sex you want?

What is the definition of eternity?

The time that elapses between when you come and she leaves....

Now who said anything about sex only

It would be nice she wash and give you a bath too

Clean and cooked food for you :D

That may be so for the USA, but not for most developed countries (and their are other countries in the world besides the USA).

As an example, legal marriage has little to no bearing on whether your partner can live in Australia or not. Married or not, the same rules apply. You need to show that you and your partner (same sex or opposites) have lived together and shared your lives together as like a married couple for at least 12 months.

• Like 2
Maybe Next Yr

I voted just live together because that was my plan .... BUT, I brought her over to the states and wasn't ready to quit working (will I ever be?) so it was marry her or send her back ... two years later and I must say I am very happy :yahoo: !    I can't imagine finding a better woman than her !

:snap:  I know she must be drugging my dinners ... or maybe it's that I was married to an american women for 30 years before!

• Like 3

she can't take "half your stuff" from you if you split up.

Not sure that is exactly correct! In a lot of western countries, just living together for a certain amount of time puts

you into the same position as being married,ie; Your Fu***d! :wheel:  

• Like 1

One option is missing in the poll, "Married but living apart".

A good Filipino friend of mine is in that situation. His wife and two children (both in college) live in Manila while he lives about 5 hours drive north of Manila. They each have their own houses and businesses, visiting each other regularly.

Both are very happy together with this arrangement, saying they believe it has been one of the reasons why they still dearly love each other after over 20 years of marriage.

• Like 6