72 members have voted

1. 1. Marriage? Or, live in partner?

• Marriage!
    • Just live together!
    • Prefer to live alone.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

Marriage or live in partner

I dont see any reasons to get married :D
You can do everything what a married person can do while staying single and more

So for those of you who are or were married
What was your reason?

You can love her without marriage
You can have sex without marriage
You can live with her without marriage
Etc.

Edited by Paul
added poll
  • Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilyfe

• RogerDuMond

• colemanlee

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a note, me and wifey lived together for a couple of years, didn't get married mainly because Im the worlds biggest procrastinator, so after my son came along, thinking of the benefits being marri

Some reasons to get married:   #1 Don’t need to ask her name again when you get up in the morning. #2 Sharing your life with someone if you found someone who enjoys what you do, a soulmate? #3 DINK:

Although my wife has never mentioned that, that is exactly why I married her. Filipinas hear so much bullshit from foreigners e.g. calling them their wife when they're not and professing undying love

Posted Images

So for those of you who are or were married

What was your reason?

That's an easy answer. Insanity.

You can do everything what a married person can do while staying single and more

Plus, as long as you reside somewhere there is no "Common Law" dictating that you are "married" even though you just live together, she can't take "half your stuff" from you if you split up.

• Like 7

I added a poll for ya. Not like there needs to be 1,000 different choices for answers. 

• Like 1

I added a poll for ya. Not like there needs to be 1,000 different choices for answers.

Thanx paul

Untill some lady out there can give me a good reason can convince me to marry her

Ill remain single and enjoy life :D

Without the hassle of nagging and im leaving you reason

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

So for those of you who are or were married What was your reason?

Inheritance. Without marriage, I am not entitled to inherit her money and everything that she owns and also not entitled to half of what she has accumulated since our marriage should we ever divorce.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Inheritance. Without marriage, I am not entitled to inherit her money and everything that she owns and also not entitled to half of what she has accumulated since our marriage should we ever divorce.

Always the man of reason....  :good:

You must be fun at parties...  :yahoo:

• Like 3

Does she have a sister :D

RogerDuMond

Does she have a sister :D

Yes, but too old for you.

• Like 1

Yes, but too old for you.

The older it is the faster ill get my inheritance isnt it :rofl:

• Like 6
RogerDuMond

The older it is the faster ill get my inheritance isnt it :rofl:

Oh that is what you meant. Forget it, I got the one with the money, unless you are interested in one of her brothers.

• Like 8

If a coupe is going to live in the Philippines, then maybe less reason to marry, with the exception of tax benefits for the husband if he files for a TIN for her, and his pension or SS benefits or both for the wife if brought back to your home country until she acquires citizenship. Healthcare might be another reason but that would depend on the man's situation. 

RogerDuMond

If a coupe is going to live in the Philippines, then maybe less reason to marry, with the exception of tax benefits for the husband if he files for a TIN for her, and his pension or SS benefits or both for the wife if brought back to your home country until she acquires citizenship. Healthcare might be another reason but that would depend on the man's situation. 

You are forgetting inheritance of property.

You are forgetting inheritance of property.

I saw that you already wrote that.

Each of us has to make our own choices, I wanted my wife, who is the love of my life, to have a good future once I am gone, that is why I wanted her to have a US passport, which can mean the world if she wants to travel instead of her being under the thumb of the Philippine BI for the rest of her life, should she decide to move back to the Philippines, which is very likely since that is where she wishes to be.

• Like 3