BPI Kicked out of SM Malls

RogerDat

I have one of the last AOC CRT monitors. I could not see the dam cheep shit LED or whatever. Pray it holds up.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Woolf

• senseless

• rep1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if any of anybody has noticed, but SM is kicking BPI out of its malls. SM owns BDO, and they don't want the competition, so all BPI branches and ATMs are being removed from their malls. A

Seems to be a lot of that here.   Common and business sense here don't often walk hand in hand.

Yep, you're spot-on. When you see how Filipino boys are raised, then it all makes sense.     Aren

I saw CRTs in the BPI bank near Ayala mall - no LCDs/LEDs. 4000+ is not the price you'd find in other countries or Amazon, especially from a brand which nobody knows.

You think this could be why,  import duty 15%  and on top of that VAT of 12% 

http://www.dutycalculator.com/dc/185032876/computers-office/components-peripherals/monitors-other/import-duty-rate-for-importing-samsung-computer-monitor-from-korea-to-philippines-is-15/

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

WTF the big deal?

Doesn't it just cost a few peso to use another bank's ATM if you have a BPI or BDO ATM card.

senseless

All computer products are allowed importation duty free under a free trade agreement from other ASEAN members. There's also another WTO agreement that the philippines signed onto which requires 0% duties on the importation of computer / IT related goods.

VAT is charged to the end user -- the company importing doesn't pay a dime if they are a middle man.

I imported over 100K pesos worth of hardware from singapore and didn't pay a dime in duties or bribes; only 12% vat as I was the end user. I processed the customs paper work myself at the mactan airport customs office.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1

VAT is charged to the end user -- the company importing doesn't pay a dime if they are a middle man.

I see that you do not understand how VAT works

12%  is payed at any link in the chain including importer  until the user,  only  the end user can not deduct it in his income

Have you ever heard about in-going and out-going VAT

senseless

I see that you do not understand how VAT works

12%  is payed at any link in the chain including importer  until the user,  only  the end user can not deduct it in his income

Have you ever heard about in-going and out-going VAT

VAT zero rate ... Check it out...

Also, VAT exempt.. Check it out..

Edited by senseless

Ayala malls are suprior in every way.

SM has superior cinemas and the only IMAX theater.

SM has Cyberzone.

RogerDuMond

Ayala operates the same way as SM. They won't allow Smart to open in their malls because Ayala owns Globe.

Smart Communication, Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I don't know about "kicking out" but as a general rule throughout the Philippines if you are looking for a BDO then an SM mall is the last place to look.

• Like 1
Davaoeno
SM is kicking BPI out of its malls.

Or it could be "  BPI decides not to compete with BDO on home turf".. Do you have any information that backs up your version ?   I couldnt find any to support either theory ]

Edited by Davaoeno

Smart Communication, Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines.

Could be now. My my experience goes back a few years. If they are up on the 5th or 6th floor, those didn't exist a couple of years ago.

RogerDuMond

Could be now. My my experience goes back a few years. If they are up on the 5th or 6th floor, those didn't exist a couple of years ago.

Actually it is on the third floor in the area that has all the electronics stores. Been a while, but I think you come in the North Entrance go up the stairs to the third floor and turn left just before the Apple store then take the first left and it is at the end of this short corridor.

in June 2015 was on the 5th or 6 floor was there,(twice) unless there is 2 smart centers owned and operate by Smart or have moved since June which is always possible

Irenicus

Every thing a Filipino does that is different from what we would do , is for a reason.

Just so long as those "reasons" keep the economy from really booming (and keeping the exchange rates high), I am all for Filipino reasons to do things differently.