BPI Kicked out of SM Malls

Steve and Myrlita

At SM Bacolod, BPI was never there at least not in the 8 yrs I've been here. There is a BPI just outside SM on Rizal St though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Woolf

• senseless

• That Masked Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if any of anybody has noticed, but SM is kicking BPI out of its malls. SM owns BDO, and they don't want the competition, so all BPI branches and ATMs are being removed from their malls. A

Seems to be a lot of that here.   Common and business sense here don't often walk hand in hand.

Yep, you're spot-on. When you see how Filipino boys are raised, then it all makes sense.     Aren

Skywalker

There's a BPI ATM just outside SM Consolacion.  I know, because I just used it.  

But it's located in a bank of 4 ATM's and is separate from the main SM building.

thebob

I mean, really. How much money do you need, to make you happy? 

Just a tiny bit more than I want to spend.

Actually they should get rid of all local banks and invite Americans and our people to do it.

I was shocked and in total confusion the first time I entered BPI - because they're using CRT monitors! That's two decades ago! I wonder if they have to dig very deep from some grave or closed landfill to get those.

And why should they ?

Phiippines is not mini USA, do you really think just because you are in the philippines that every thing here should be like in USA ?

Edited by Woolf
senseless

And why should they ?

Phiippines is not mini USA, do you really think just because you are in the philippines that every think here should be like in USA ?

No, I think there should just be common sense. Because common sense is just that, sense that is common.

com·mon

ˈkämən/

adjective

adjective: common; comparative adjective: commoner; superlative adjective: commonest

occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.

"salt and pepper are the two most common seasonings"

synonyms: usual, ordinary, familiar, regular, frequent, recurrent, everyday;

Davaoeno
No, I think there should just be common sense. Because common sense is just that, sense that is common.

You do realize that you just shot yourself in the foot ??  Your sense is waaay too common !!   What we really need is intelligent sense ! 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

I often read the forum in the early hours of my day - I clicked on this thread because I read the title as "BPI kicked in the balls". Seems it could just as easily have been called that...

• Like 2
RogerDat

Common sense varies by country / culture.

Every thing a Filipino does that is different from what we would do , is for a reason. The task is to find out what makes them do the "strange" things we notice.

one that comes to mind is 4 months of Christmas, but very few gifts or food for the common man.

Has anybody ever noticed how long the lines are at BDO ATMs?

As a matter of fact just last week I did notice. I had just used one of the 3 ATMs at the mall proper and there was no line at any of them. As we were leaving I happened to notice on our way to the parking lot that there was a line about 10 deep at the BDO ATM outside.

I don't care who an ATM belongs to because with my Schwab card they're all just "money machines" to me.

• Like 1

Phiippines is not mini USA, do you really think just because you are in the philippines that every thing here should be like in USA ?

I'm not from USA but some poor Asian country.

CRT has been outdated for more than 15 years. All major manufactures of CRT have ceased the production long ago so they're not going to get good price, and CRT wastes a lot more power (which cost $$$ in Philippines) while hurting the eyes of their employees. They could have bought 20" LED for like 2000 or 3000 on consumer market, or older ones for half the price, and after a few months they'd start saving money due to lower electricity bills.

That's extremely terrible management in addition to worker abusing.

Edited by aqd

Ayala operates the same way as SM. They won't allow Smart to open in their malls because Ayala owns Globe.

I'm not from USA but some poor Asian country.

CRT has been outdated for more than 15 years. All major manufactures of CRT have ceased the production long ago so they're not going to get good price, and CRT wastes a lot more power (which cost $$$ in Philippines) while hurting the eyes of their employees. They could have bought 20" LED for like 2000 or 3000 on consumer market, or older ones for half the price, and after a few months they'd start saving money due to lower electricity bills.

That's extremely terrible management in addition to worker abusing.

It was you that mentioned america 

I think you will not find monitors cheaper than here

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=12619&main=140#.Vhj3aivb_2U

4000+ php

And btw  I have not seen crt monitors in any the banks I have been in

I mentioned because there are American banks here now, and also one of our banks.

I saw CRTs in the BPI bank near Ayala mall - no LCDs/LEDs. 4000+ is not the price you'd find in other countries or Amazon, especially from a brand which nobody knows.

senseless

Common sense varies by country / culture.

Every thing a Filipino does that is different from what we would do , is for a reason. The task is to find out what makes them do the "strange" things we notice.

one that comes to mind is 4 months of Christmas, but very few gifts or food for the common man.

Not when it comes to business and banking. You only have 2 "common senses". The first world free market standard and the third world protectionist standard.

Edited by senseless

Not True!!!!! Smart is  in Ayala Mall take the elevator up to the top floor in Metro and then take the escalator to the 5th or 6 floor not sure what the floor is called 5 or 6 but a lot of the workers from Metro Gaisano eat up there. I went to there office one day to turn off my sim card till i found the cell phone then when back and had them turn it back on. But it is well hidden, and most people don't know its there .