Sign in to follow this  
dutchben

NEED BLOOD TYPE A POSITIEF

dutchben

Best members I am in need for blood for my friend that was shot in Agao last weekend.

If you can help pls send me mail or go to the Cebu Doktors South Hospital just before Naga.

The bloodtype he need is A positief.

A 38-YEAR-OLD Dutch married to a Cebuana was in critical condition after he was shot and stabbed allegedly by his father-in-law in barangay Sumgaon, Argao town, southern Cebu, on Saturday evening.

Dennis Van Westerop, 38 suffered gunshot wounds in the right shoulder, arm and back. He also had stabbed wounds in the right shoulder and right side of the body, the police said.

The police were still hunting Victoriano Gomez Jr., the suspect in the incident.

Westerop's wife, Gladys, said her husband was shot hours after the victim punched her father.

Gladys, told the police that the she and her husband arrived home from Cebu City about 4 p.m.

Gladys said she saw her father calling their three-year-old son.

The boy ignored Gomez when he was called.

Gomez again called his grandson, who then went to his grandfather.

But when the boy went near Gomez, he was spanked by his grandfather.

Dennis, who was at the second floor of the house, heard his son crying.

When Dennis went down, he punched Gomez, Gladys said.

Dennis went out of the house not knowing that Gomez had gone to take a bolo from the kitchen and went to look for his son-in-law.

Victoriano did not find Dennis right away.

Victoriano was seen carrying a knife and a gun when he continued looking for his son-in-law.

At about 7 p.m., Gladys said she heard three gunshots from outside their house and was later informed that her husband was shot.

Dennis was brought to the Isidro Kintanar Memorial Hospital before he was transferred to a hospital in Cebu City.

Paul

Greetings:

At this stage, I have very limited information. My friend Jaap, a Dutchman owns a forum. Someone posted on it that another Dutchman was shot today by a family member. He is in dire need of A+ (Positive) blood. The person in question is named "Dennis". I'm sorry, but that is all I have at this point.

Here is the thread in question, where, hopefully, further information will come: http://holland-philippines.info/smf/index.php?topic=6596

I will keep you posted, as I gather more information.

Paul

Paul

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudaily...tabbed-in-Argao

Dennis Van Westerop, 38 suffered gunshot wounds in the right shoulder, arm and back.

Here is a note I just received from a member of the Holland-Philippines Forum:

--------------------

Yes Paul the blood he need is A positief i was in the hospital to visit him and give blood but i have to high presure blood so the hospital wil not take the risk. And his name is Dennis van Westerop and he is in Cebu Doctors South Hospital just before Naga on room 306.

Thank's for you mail hope someone can help him.

Ben&Flor Degenaars

--------------------

Paul

Ben,

I offer my apologies. I didn't see your thread earlier, before I posted mine. I have now combined both threads together.

Thanks so much, for your information.

Bob Ward

I'm A+ and I would be glad to help. It would be good to post a cell number in this type scenario so that one could contact the family immediately. 09217380437 is my cell!

Edited by Bob Ward

Paul

Bob, here is the number of the hospital, IF I am not mistaken:

South General Hospital

Tuyan, Naga

Tel. No : 272 2020

They need at least two (2) more units of blood, as they only have one at the moment.

If you could help, please do. He is in room 306, at the hospital.

Thanks,

Bob Ward
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudaily...tabbed-in-Argao

Dennis Van Westerop, 38 suffered gunshot wounds in the right shoulder, arm and back.

Here is a note I just received from a member of the Holland-Philippines Forum:

--------------------

Yes Paul the blood he need is A positief i was in the hospital to visit him and give blood but i have to high presure blood so the hospital wil not take the risk. And his name is Dennis van Westerop and he is in Cebu Doctors South Hospital just before Naga on room 306.

Thank's for you mail hope someone can help him.

Ben&Flor Degenaars

--------------------

I'm going to call right now. FYI in the future, giving blood when you have high blood pressure lowers your BP. It's actually a therapy for some people with high BP. Go figure!

Update, No Answer. I'm not too surprised, but I will try again early in the AM!

Edited by Bob Ward

Paul

Oh, I looked it up in the phone book. Here are a couple of other numbers:

272-2222 and 272-2221

Bob Ward

No luck with the other numbers. IVR melt down and no answer. Will try again early!

Paul

Sorry, man.

If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

Oh, we have one other member, a guy on SOS_Philippines, who may donate as well.

If both of you work out, that will be the two units that Ben told me he would need. :D:P

dutchben

Thank you very much Bob for your help, I always try to sms his wife but she is not answer, mayby she is sleeping or have low battery.

Her number is: +639062316841

Again thank you very much

Speedy

As you know I live far away from Cebu, but I have A+ and would also help if nobody else is found living nearby.

I think it's too late for the airplane, but I could (hopefully) catch a ship tomorrow evening arriving in Cebu at Saturday morning.

If still needed, just give me a PN or mail.

Bob Ward

I am finally in contact with the wife and I am on standby to go if she needs me. So for now the crisis for blood if calmed. They are typing and cross matching blood from another donor right now. I will go if needed.

The hospital was a complete and total joke. It was late last night and I forgot that Ben had posted her cell. I was trying to get through via the hospitals phones and they are just simply inept. Before the switchboard opened up, I called the first number given in this thread. She answered and I told her there was an emergency for blood and could she notify the persons in room 306 that I was a willing donor and give them my cell number.

She answers me with "sir please call the switchboard". I say that the switchboard is not open yet. She says "sir please call the switchboard. I say this is a matter of life and death, please get someone to deliver my cell number. You guessed it!! She says "sir please call the switch board".

She knew english pretty well so it was not a translation issue. It was just a case of apathy.

Anyway, I just got another thank you text from the wife. So all is well.

dutchben

Thanks Bob and all the other for doing this.

Yesterday there realy in need for blood but found already one and the patient is stable.

Mayby there need more blood in the next days, hope not.

Anyway all the people thank you very much for helping.

Speedy
Yesterday there realy in need for blood but found already one and the patient is stable.

Glad to hear that. I wish he will get well soon and they catch his father in law for putting him into jail for some years.