Carrying a DSLR openly, am I asking for trouble?

get a good strap andjust be aware of your surroundings like you would be anywhere

and if you want to ask someone to take your picture for you

choose someone you are sure you can outrun  :D

I use a sling style strap which at least feels like it's safer. My camera bag doesn't look like the typical camera bag. OTOH as a rich kano I am sure everyone assumes there's plenty of goodies in there.

I have a Nikon DSLR but it's a modestly priced one - a little more than $1k with lenses and a few accessories. I also carry around a GoPro.

Bottom line is that shooting decent pics and videos is important enough to me that I always take it. I took everything to Vegas last week which felt at least as risky as PI.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• miles-high

• Agustin

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just take care of it and look after your stuff, as you would anywhere else while traveling.  Do NOT fall asleep with your bag beside you on a bus or in a van.

We went to many places in the Phil carrying a Nikon DSLR.  never had a problem once.  Many Iphones and Samsung 6 etc are worth more than my used Nikon was .  

Sorry, it must be an age thing But I first read your post as SLR    

Posted Images

youngwillie

Why not try taking pics using the big camera at dawn when the light is supposed to be at its best?

Most of the bad guys will probably be sound asleep at that time.

Thanks everyone, I have decided to take it and hope for the best. For the Nikon guys, it's a Nikon D600 and 24-70mm AF-S f/2.8 lens. I'm more concerned about the lens being stolen than the body itself since that is the more expensive component.