Do you expect your friends to tell you if your gf/wife is cheating on you ?

• Admin (Retired)

my wife and i have a deal

if we're cheating we'll tell each other then go our separate ways 

i'd wanna know regardless of who i was with

if for nothing else, no telling what creepy crawlies she may be bringing home

if you know for sure that a good friend of yours is being cheated on you should tell them

at most you risk losing a friend.. a real friend would risk that to try and help a real friend 

Edited by broden
  • Like 8
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• Skywalker

• hilyfe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there you have it. 

If I was in my late 60's and I managed to find a beautiful young wife in her early 20's, I don't think my expectations would be as high as they were when I was a strapping young jock.   Be realistic

i have a funny funny story that's similar.  back 8 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our daughter,  i got a few texts from some unknown number in fractured english stating that my wife was a bl

Nor would I stick my nose in the affairs of my friends and acquaintances.
Then you don't actually have any friends.  Or they have one less friend than they think they do.

Ive always thought what you dont know, dont hurt you.
And they you find out you have AIDS, a divorce, and child support for 4 kids, 1 of which may be yours.  
  • Like 4
colemanlee

And they you find out you have AIDS, a divorce, and child support for 4 kids, 1 of which may be yours.  

Sounds like a Philippine soap opera , might I suggest a change of viewing could improve outlook?

• Like 2
For Real

Do you expect your friends to tell you if your GF / Wife is cheating?

Absolutely if it's the Friend doing the cheating with her. There are way too many other possible scenarios to expect anything.

Would I want to know if my partner was cheating? Probably.

Does cheating often happen in the Philippines? Absolutely! Well above the global average.

It's been my observation that cheating couples are well matched for the most part.

I will extend this to include the situation where your gf/wife is saying bad things about you to your friends or online 

I know that different people want different things in this situation.  An Australian whose gf is a friend of my wife's did not know that everytime he went out of the country to work she was seeing her pinoy bf.  All of her female friends knew about it.  I didnt know if I should tell him since they were planning to marry . I asked his friends and they said not to tell him.  They are now married and have moved to Australia.

I on the other hand would certainly want to know.

A good friend always tell the truth may it be bad or good

But you shouldnt blah blah about anything without a proof

• Like 2
For Real

Then you don't actually have any friends.  Or they have one less friend than they think they do.

I get it you would want to know but that's a bit harsh judging the friendships of others. I hope your friends never let you down.
  • Like 4

wow, this is awesome

sounds like we only expect her to mess around

wonder if she has any friends that would rat you out to her

• Like 2
colemanlee

wow, this is awesome

sounds like we only expect her to mess around

wonder if she has any friends that would rat you out to her

The truth is here where I live, I cant even go get a beer without somebody texting her I saw your husband at so and so...probably hoping to piss her off, the good news is she text back....so....

• Like 5
rainymike

LOL ... or maybe my partner is my one and only true friend.

But seriously, living in the Philippines, I find that when people bend over and whisper a revelation in your ear, often times they're really looking for a passive aggressive way to put you down. Neither my partner or I really need that. I think we're both more than capable of knowing what the other is up to ... kinda like Santa Claus ... making a list and checking it twice, gonna find out whose naughty or nice ...

• Like 1
Cebuandrew

An Australian whose gf is a friend of my wife's

Sounds like you had a passive friendship with this guy, so no, I would not tell him. This is a case by case situation. If it is a good friend of mine, then I would consider the source. If the source deemed it to be "probable" (keeping in mind, where I live, gossip is like a required hobby with Pinoys) I would tell my good friend that I heard this, but cannot confirm it, nor do I want to further try to confirm it, because I'm just a messenger at that point. Though it would be damn hard to have an affair on this island, with the coconut telegraph always running.

Skywalker

I don't really understand why people find fidelity so important.  Sex isn't an expression of love, it's an expression of lust. A biological imperative to the procreation of the species.  In nature, sexual dedication isn't natural, it hardly exists at all.

Isn't demanding sexual devotion slightly proprietous?  Simply another control mechanism, a social construct.

I've never been sexually confined to one person, I consider it a restriction that is wholly overrated, as is the act itself.

• Like 4
to_dave007

My friend B married an insecure lady R who must have been hurt many times when she was younger.  B is late 50-ish... and his Pinoy wife is 40-ish.  Every time one of R's friend sends her an SMS to say "I saw B at Ayala"..  or I saw B talking and smiling with three people in the market" then R would think the worst of B and the whole "who were you with at Ayala" and "was that your g/f you were laughing with at the market" shit started.  And R would report the results at her FB page.. so that all her friends could see what a cad B was being.  And of course all of R's loyal friends could see that she really NEEDED this support in helping keep B on a tight leash, so they asked their friends for help as well, so they doubled, and redoubled the number of watchful eyes, and vigilantly sent sms after sms after sms to advise of B's daily movements.

B of course saw the number of sms related arguments climb..  higher week by week.. and month by month..  and it annoyed him, so he argued back, and tensions rose on both sides, and trust fell.  Until arguments became a daily routine, and the tension was constant..

Finally B could take it no more..  and he moved two islands away.. for the peace and quiet.  He tried for a time to resolve matters with his wife, but she was rather busy being consoled by all her friends..  telling her how much better off she was without that cad B.  So one day he just stopped trying.

Only one minor problem..  B was faithful..  He had done no wrong.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 8

Look at it this way, she had a pinoy bf.  He surely couldn't have damaged it any.  :cool: 

• Like 4
colemanlee

My friend B married an insecure lady R who must have been hurt many times when she was younger.  B is late 50-ish... and his Pinoy wife is 40-ish.  Every time one of R's friend sends her an SMS to say "I saw B at Ayala"..  or I saw B talking and smiling with three people in the market" then R would think the worst of B and the whole "who were you with at Ayala" and "was that your g/f you were laughing with at the market" shit started.  And R would report the results at her FB page.. so that all her friends could see what a cad B was being.  And of course all of R's loyal friends could see that she really NEEDED this support in helping keep B on a tight leash, so they asked their friends for help as well, so they doubled, and redoubled the number of watchful eyes, and vigilantly sent sms after sms after sms to advise of B's daily movements.

B of course saw the number of sms related arguments climb..  higher week by week.. and month by month..  and it annoyed him, so he argued back, and tensions rose on both sides, and trust fell.  Until arguments became a daily routine, and the tension was constant..

Finally B could take it no more..  and he moved two islands away.. for the peace and quiet.  He tried for a time to resolve matters with his wife, but she was rather busy being consoled by all her friends..  telling her how much better off she was without that cad B.  So one day he just stopped trying.

The only difference between that and my first relationship here is that she moved two islands away...still informed of my doings by her "friends" here

Many months later, she figured out she was a victim of the bamboo telegraph....

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Sounds like you had a passive friendship with this guy, so no, I would not tell him. This is a case by case situation. If it is a good friend of mine, then I would consider the source. If the source deemed it to be "probable" (keeping in mind, where I live, gossip is like a required hobby with Pinoys) I would tell my good friend that I heard this, but cannot confirm it, nor do I want to further try to confirm it, because I'm just a messenger at that point. Though it would be damn hard to have an affair on this island, with the coconut telegraph always running.

That was definitely a consideration for me . I did not consider him a friend- just an aquaintance.   As to her being involved with the pinoy bf there were many witnesses, and when the Australian was off working in PNG then according to her children the bf slept in the same bedroom as she did . 

I should be honest in stating that the fact that the Australian and his gf had told people that I was only marrying my gf for her money did not earn him any points in my opinion of him . Being the vindictive prick that I am after I heard that I figured " feck you buddy - good luck with your little sweetheart"  haha

I think I saw the movie .

• Like 5