Do you expect your friends to tell you if your gf/wife is cheating on you ?

Davaoeno

I will extend this to include the situation where your gf/wife is saying bad things about you to your friends or online 

I know that different people want different things in this situation.  An Australian whose gf is a friend of my wife's did not know that everytime he went out of the country to work she was seeing her pinoy bf.  All of her female friends knew about it.  I didnt know if I should tell him since they were planning to marry . I asked his friends and they said not to tell him.  They are now married and have moved to Australia.

I on the other hand would certainly want to know.

• Like 7
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• Skywalker

• hilyfe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there you have it. 

If I was in my late 60's and I managed to find a beautiful young wife in her early 20's, I don't think my expectations would be as high as they were when I was a strapping young jock.   Be realistic

i have a funny funny story that's similar.  back 8 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our daughter,  i got a few texts from some unknown number in fractured english stating that my wife was a bl

Davaoeno

yes, you should have told him

That was certainly my inclination .  But one factor in my decision was that i would have put my wife in an untenable position.since she was the only one that I could have got the info from.

btw she got pregnant before they moved to Oz and we were all scared that the baby would not be half caucasian  [ it was ! ]

she already had 3 children from 3 different fathers and he met her working in a bar in Singapore. 

Edited by Davaoeno

Yes, your silicone love toys have been unfaithful. I'm sorry but someone had to tell you :(

I wouldn't tell your friend. More often than not you'd end up being the asshole someway somehow.

• Like 4
AussieLex

Hell yeah I would want to know ...  put yourself in that situation ... would you want to know, I know I would. My friends mean something to me so yes i would tell him as she has already proven she cheated on him and now they are married and she is in Australia ... I wonder if she is cheating on him now or is she biding her time till she has permanent residence after 2 years to divorce him.

• Like 8
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Let's put this another way.

If she had been cheating with you, would you want him to know... :db:

• Like 6
to_dave007

One of the challenges in PI is that we hear rumours and gossip all the time, and it's damn hard to know what's real, and what isn't.  And for sure, IF you were tell him his wife or g/f is cheating, you need to be 100% absolutely CERTAIN that what you are telling him is the truth..  You wouldn't be doing your friend any favours if you reported rumours as truths.. of accused his g/f of cheating if she really wasn't.

I'm NOT saying that you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT report infidelity. I'm just saying that it would really be tough to know 100%..  positively..  for sure unless you witnessed things yourself.  Such is the nature of gossip.  

• Like 6
Highlighter

I really think it depends on the level of friendship you had with the guy. A very close friend yes I would tell them, a bf of your wife's friend, is it really any of your business?

As ex231 says you would have ended up being the asshole somehow.

• Like 1
cebulover2000

I was always the messanger with our FIL/CAN friends in Canada and always got shot. Do I care, no.

Other Filipinas in Canada are not exactly the faithful and honest kind, yes of course, I know it told by my wife. I hope she is not like them. But the fact that she ditched them tells me something.

• Like 1
miles-high

Well, you know, I know and we know that one of the most dangerous professions, w/ higher incidence of getting injured/killed on the job is a family/divorce lawyer…

• Like 1

I will extend this to include the situation where your gf/wife is saying bad things about you to your friends or online 

I know that different people want different things in this situation.  An Australian whose gf is a friend of my wife's did not know that everytime he went out of the country to work she was seeing her pinoy bf.  All of her female friends knew about it.  I didnt know if I should tell him since they were planning to marry . I asked his friends and they said not to tell him.  They are now married and have moved to Australia.

Usually the person that is being screwed around is the last one to know. I daresay the poor guy will find out when she starts to do the same in Oz. Problem is sometimes if you actually tell someone they still think the sun shines out of their GFs arse.

• Like 5
LechonBuddha

Once would be a very busy person if they became involved ever time they heard about a Filipina messing around. 

• Like 1

If you were truly his friend you would have told him

If you feared reprecusions you still would have told him....just anonymously

Edited by KID
  • Like 5