Planning For Her Future - Without You

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Here, let me text your wife, that should help!  :yahoo:

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

Great attitude Larry.

Some other members could learn from you.

• Like 3
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Davaoeno

• smokey

• davewe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You old guys might be surprised how quickly those young widows find a new partner.   Your legacy should be a debt free family home, and as much education as you can afford.   After you are gone, i

Citizenship in a better place.

i would say that indicates one should be more discerning when choosing a life partner.  there's an old saying..."if one goes looking in the dump they are going to find trash",  so perhaps some people

Posted Images

Davaoeno
Why don't people just mind their own business.

moved 

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

That would be our Davaoeno - the High Lord of LinC.   :beer2:

dont tell me you are still hurting from  that mental beating I gave you last month ??   Have another drink Skywalker and life would get more rosy !!

• Like 2

If you wwere in the Vietnam days...Jody will always be there to help out..hehe

For Real

What the hell are you on about? I AGREED !! that the forum was no place for further airing of his personal issues. I should have thought that was clear. I suggested a thread about 3rd party intervention.. in GENERAL. Don't be so pompous as to believe you have a monopoly on intelligence.

cmon, pull your head out of your arse. Nothing about intelligence, just leave the bloke alone. Edited by For Real
  • Like 1
miles-high

1. Education/employment (RN, hopefully as an anesthesiologist, eventually)

2. Income producing properties in NCR (inheritance from her late father)

3. Properties (already bought a condo and a car in her name, no debt, no encumbrances, another in the US pending)

4. Spousal benefits to my investment/pension/SS

5. US or Canadian citizenship (already moved to the US)

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 2
Skywalker

WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all the remaining partners have found a new boyfriend/husband WITHIN MONTHS.

I know a few girls who have taken preemptive action in that regard.

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

4. Spousal benefits to my investment/pension/SS

Probably no big deal in your case, but no SS unless she is living in the US, or lived in the US for 5 years if she is back in the Philippines, or she is a US citizen. Well and of course minimum of 60 years old.

• Like 2

While I think it is essential that you try to leave your spouse something to help her after your demise, there are limits to what you can do since (now wait for it) - you will be dead!

This isn't just a PI thing. Guys leave their wives and kids money and often it gets pissed away. Grandma left her fave grandaughter her estate for college or a better life and the kid uses it to buy drugs and booze. Happens all the time. And there's not much you can do because - you will be dead!

Of course we're guys and therefore control freaks and we want what's best for our partners. But in the end, she can take the property and sell it, give it to her parents or lolo, give it to the church or her bf. Yep, you can try to come up with some clever strategy to restrain her and her relatives, but in the end it's the Philippines and (say it with me) - you will be dead!

All you can do is do your best, convey to her what you hope for her life after you are gone (which IMO ought to include another partner). If there is a child involved, you can set up a trust for when the child comes of age, but the kid can still piss it away at that point. 

So stop worrying. You've held onto some of your money, left it to your loved ones, and once you've given it away it's theirs, not yours. Just hope that your wife uses a small amount of it to bury you properly :)

• Like 3

Guys leave their wives and kids money and often it gets pissed away. Grandma left her fave grandaughter her estate for college or a better life and the kid uses it to buy drugs and booze. Happens all the time. And there's not much you can do because - you will be dead!

There's a lot you can do if you set up a trust fund.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

I have two young children (3 & 3). So first ensuring they are provided for over the next 15 years is of the foremost importance. I think as husband and wife should help understand how the budget is setup. Thus there will be no issues in the event of our demise.

• Like 1
Maybe Next Yr

I'm working on my trust and it should be done in a couple weeks ... that being said my wife will have enough money to say that she's won the lotto.  She always been a self sufficient person (put herself through h.s. and college) but coming from a very poor background I'm teaching her about finance, investments and basically managing the money she will someday get (hopefully not for quite awhile).  

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Just hope that your wife uses a small amount of it to bury you properly

so you really care if you will be buried properly or not ? dont forget- you will be dead!

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)

dont forget- you will be dead!

well she could use part of it to double check

• Like 1

so you really care if you will be buried properly or not ? dont forget- you will be dead!

I tell her just that - "do what you want. I don't care - I will be dead." Five minutes pass. "What kind of funeral do you want?"

• Like 2