Planning For Her Future - Without You

No matter what, if you leave her with a large sum of money, after you're gone some of her relatives/friends will talk it out of her on business scams, etc. In this case you need to set up a trust fund so she gets a "pension" every month and cannot be swindled out of any more than she has at that time. Remember, she's likely not as wordly as you and can be easily convinced to part with her money...

If you don't have a large sum of money then I agree with many posts above to educate her so she can support herself, but not to the point where she can abandon you with her new found wealth/friends, etc.

Thirdly, if you're poor and only have your pension, don't do as I've seen many do, tell her that after you're gone she gets your pension. Then, when you die, she gets nothing. This happens all too often. I hope these bastards rot in hell....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Davaoeno

• smokey

• davewe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You old guys might be surprised how quickly those young widows find a new partner.   Your legacy should be a debt free family home, and as much education as you can afford.   After you are gone, i

Citizenship in a better place.

i would say that indicates one should be more discerning when choosing a life partner.  there's an old saying..."if one goes looking in the dump they are going to find trash",  so perhaps some people

Posted Images

the main thing I would do is send the woman to school so that she could be independent and could survive easily when I'm gone. Because I am not a trusting soul, I would never buy or build a house in the PI.

can i fix that for you?

"the main thing I would do is buy or build a house in the PI.   Because I am not a trusting soul, I would never send the woman to school so that she could be independent"

Edited by Headshot
Please don't put your words in someone else's quote box
RogerDuMond

No matter what, if you leave her with a large sum of money, after you're gone some of her relatives/friends will talk it out of her on business scams, etc

Please don't generalize. Many of us here have wives who do not let their family or friends dictate their choices.

• Like 6
Davaoeno

Please don't generalize. Many of us here have wives who do not let their family or friends dictate their choices.

Actually , { and you know how I hate generalizations! ] if he had put a " some" in there I would have had no problem with that post.  I hear about that situation quite often.  It seems that quite often any time that a pinoy comes into some money [ whether it be by death or by getting a job as an OFW, or by marrying a foreigner]-  the family will all act as though that person won the lottery and will soon show up with hands outstretched.   If your wife is not like that then you are a lucky guy .

Of course the other component is often that the person who comes into the money has never had any training, nor education , nor experience in how to handle money .  So of course many relatives will offer to help teach them how to spend the money !! haha

• Like 4
Wolfpack

Many here are in a longer-term relationship with a Filipina. In most of these relationships, the male is the main provider and there are many years in age difference between the two people. The male will probably die many years before his partner.

For me, I will probably die within the next 15 to 20 years. My partner will probably live for another 30 or more years after I am gone.

Filipinos are not renowned for planning their future, so it is left up to the foreigner in the relationship to do so. What provisions are you making for your partner's well being after you die?

well, we have 3 children together...so I consider that part of the planning for life without me...though, I am 49...I am not expecting to go anywhere, anytime soon...

our oldest son is 7...I think by the time I am headed to my next assignment...my son will be looking after his mother...

all 3 of our children have U.S.A. citizenship and passports...and are enrolled in private school to help them get the best education possible...

jtmwatchbiz

No matter what, if you leave her with a large sum of money, after you're gone some of her relatives/friends will talk it out of her

i would say that indicates one should be more discerning when choosing a life partner.  there's an old saying..."if one goes looking in the dump they are going to find trash",  so perhaps some people should expand their horizons past the uneducated youngsters or online players and start meeting more like minded potential partners rather than attempting to force a square peg into a round hole just because it's willing and pretty.  . 

• Like 8

You old guys might be surprised how quickly those young widows find a new partner.

Your legacy should be a debt free family home, and as much education as you can afford.

After you are gone, it's up to those left behind to get on with it.  Like you did when your own parents slipped off the mortal coil.

as long as you dont get the dear john letter while your still kicking 

• Like 1

i think the government provides very well for our wives its called everything is in her name..

• Like 5

Just to get back on topic....and stir the pot.

I've met a hell of a lot of foreigners in my 20 years or so in SEA and naturally, most have had local girls as companions or wives.

In that time, sadly, quite a number of these foreigners have died, had to leave through sickness or bad finances and sometimes just through eventual incompatibility.

WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all the remaining partners have found a new boyfriend/husband WITHIN MONTHS.

What? Me worry?

KonC

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz

My wife the day after my funeral ....

that's mine pretty much any time!

i'm soooo dead! :)

• Like 7

that's mine pretty much any time!

i'm soooo dead! :)

Here, let me text your wife, that should help!  :yahoo:

• Like 5