Do you Grant Access or Share Your Facebook with Your SO?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Enuff

• Raptor

• Wolfpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

about 3 years ago I had given my nephew one of my old phones, old like prior to meeting her.   it had a photo saved as the background of my ex. the wife saw it and immediately clammed up.   didn't

no, but I can message an ex to come get me

My ex’s are all in my biological memories – never had FB, never will… Is it difficult to get rid of FB?

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man

I am married to my SO.   Also, i never contact any of these girls since my engagement, but i am contacted by them on a pretty much continual basis.

Since you are married to her, you have made a commitment to work out any problems.  Since you never contact any of these girls, why not "unfriend"  them?

I have previous gfs on my Facebook too.  My partner knows the stories and so long as they don't send messages everything is fine.  When some of them do I click the "unfriend" button.  The only reason these exs are messaging me now is to see if I am single again or to cause trouble with my partner and chuckle about it.  "Unfriend" is your friend.

quit_yume

Since you are married to her, you have made a commitment to work out any problems.  Since you never contact any of these girls, why not "unfriend"  them?

I have previous gfs on my Facebook too.  My partner knows the stories and so long as they don't send messages everything is fine.  When some of them do I click the "unfriend" button.  The only reason these exs are messaging me now is to see if I am single again or to cause trouble with my partner and chuckle about it.  "Unfriend" is your friend.

None of the ones that she is concerned about are on my friend list.  i unfriended them when i became serious about my wife.   And for the person that questioned whether she loved me or money, the answer is that she has never cared about money and i certainly don't have any anyway.. lol

On a separate note i messaged my asawa from work and told her that if she didn't fix the attitude that i'm coming home to get my things and then staying somewhere else until she can decide to trust me or not.  Within a few minutes of being home and packing she was sweet again, apologizing and saying that she does trust me.  

All is right with the world at the moment.  In 1 1/2 years its' been great nearly everyday except for about 3 different times when this jealousy thing raised it's head.

• Like 2

That isn't the point. The point is PRIVACY and individuals being able to have it. It has NOTHING to do with the value of your spouse over a website.

Awwww shucks come on paul

You talking about privacy heck

You go to bed with her butt naked :rofl:

A_Simple_Man

You talking about privacy

Privacy of thought.  Privacy to share info with friends.  For example, if you think your wife has a fat ass you may think it, you may tell your best friend, but you better keep it private around her.   :bobward:

jtmwatchbiz

Get rid of Facebook

seems like a no brainer to me.  the way grown adults are so defensive of their need for facebook makes one wonder how they ever got by without it before.  my wife and her friends have it but they're women so it's understandable and i couldn't care less what or who they are networking with.  if that's the only way people think they can stay connected with others of importance then they deserve all the headaches that come along with it.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

My wife knows my password and I have no problem with her going through my page. You would not believe all the good looking younger women who have sent me friends requests over the years, and I will chat with them if they choose to do so. I always inform them that I am happily married and that I do not cheat, but my chatting with them only allows them to practice their English so there is no harm.

I am lucky to have a solid 28 year marriage and I certainly have nothing to hide from her or anyone else. I have lived a clean life and have no skeletons in my closet or monsters under the bed or need for paranoia or needless worry. I am careful what I post and what I share. For me Facebook is a useful tool to stay in contact with family and old friends and associates and exchange photos and videos. I also have a Facebook gardening group with over 13,000 members (link in my signature of my posts) which allows me to receive real-time useful contacts for local goods and services for my farm and other diverse hobbies I have. When the time is right I will be using Facebook as another avenue to promote my own product and to conduct business. I am also a member to many other Facebook groups which specialize in various related interests and hobbies of mine, this allows me do quality research and seek useful tips and solid information which is quite beneficial for me. Facebook can be a very useful tool if used properly an is certainly a benefit to myself. .

My wife and I have always been good at communicating with each other and she knows she has no reason to be jealous, my allowing her that access to my account only gives her a better sense of security and peace of mind. I also allow her access to all my emails accounts, we have joint bank accounts and she is an equal part in all our decision making, as she should be since she is my wife.. She is my life partner, business partner, closest friend and confidant and I am as open with her as she is with me. The truth is, if one has to be secretive than they probably know they must be doing something that is either inappropriate or just plain wrong.

• Like 2
Headshot

I have a Facebook page, but I seldom get on it. My wife has posted most of the pictures that are on it, so I feel fairly safe.

• Like 1
BossHog

my wife is my only facebook friend and encourages me to have more friends, so

i went to jollibee and took a selfie with the bee-clown

and she liked the picture.

so, i reckon we're all good now.

• Like 3
cebulover2000

I think it's a simple request to delete all ex's and the messages associated. What is the reason to keep them?

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

I think it's a simple request to delete all ex's and the messages associated. What is the reason to keep them?

i agree.  seems like some people are amazed with the results when they were quite obviously looking for trouble in the first place.

• Like 2

nothing GOOD can come from married people using facebook...
I think that's a little over the top.  Kind of like the people that say something like credit cards should be banned because they only cause people to go into irrecoverable debt. Or ban that other thing they're always wanting to ban.  Anyway, fb is a tool and can be used for good or evil.  For me, it's the best way to stay close to my daughters.  People today are really too busy to sit down and write out long letters like back in the day but they can pop in and post a blurb about something they saw that was funny to them or whatever, maybe a long with a pic.  It's the same with my SonIL and cousins spread across the US.  We stay more connected that way.  And then pics of my granddaughters are priceless.  I do have one ex on my friend list, my ex-wife, and my knows it and has met her though we rarely communicate.

So to make a blanket statement that fb is bad for married people or some other group is kind of harsh.  But I would say if you're married and on fb too many hours a day (ignoring your spouse) or if you're still friends with ex gfs then you may want to rethink that.  I don't consider myself the jealous type but I wouldn't want my wife friending old flames if she had any.

• Like 2

Why should anyone have to do that? I think some of you good folks are missing my point here. As adults, we should not have to do that - especially if only other adults are in the house. Living with a child, however, is different. They are supposed to be curious by nature. It's how they learn.

And she should have made a commitment to trust him. She has no business - zero, nada, none, having ANY access to your personal accounts. 

My thoughts exactly ... 

if anyone wants to get online etc at my place, I have an iPad they can use ... my laptop is mine and mine alone ... passworded as is my phone ...

I don't even password protect my phone. We are both adults, living in the same dwelling. If I can't trust her, she shouldn't be here. Which, sometimes, does cause a woman to vacate the premises where I am also residing. "Pound sand," are the words that come to mind. 

None of the ones that she is concerned about are on my friend list.  i unfriended them when i became serious about my wife.   And for the person that questioned whether she loved me or money, the answer is that she has never cared about money and i certainly don't have any anyway.. lol

On a separate note i messaged my asawa from work and told her that if she didn't fix the attitude that i'm coming home to get my things and then staying somewhere else until she can decide to trust me or not.  Within a few minutes of being home and packing she was sweet again, apologizing and saying that she does trust me.  

All is right with the world at the moment.  In 1 1/2 years its' been great nearly everyday except for about 3 different times when this jealousy thing raised it's head.

I think, "... at the moment," are the key words here. It will happen again. I would bet money on it. Why do I say this? Because we are talking the third time this has happened. At this point, she will not change. 

That isn't the point. The point is PRIVACY and individuals being able to have it. It has NOTHING to do with the value of your spouse over a website.

Awwww shucks come on paul

You talking about privacy heck

You go to bed with her butt naked :rofl:

When we go to bed together, it isn't privacy that I am concerned with. :D  :pimp:  :winking0044:

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

When we go to bed together, it isn't privacy that I am concerned with

which comes in mighty handy for us guys sitting on lawn chairs outside your bedroom window :)

• Like 1