Sign in to follow this  
Thalcoozyo

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (tablet)

Thalcoozyo

Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, nearly 2 yrs old... has been working perfectly fine. Skype had an update the other day and instantly the device won't stay turned on when connected to Wifi. It powers up fine but the instant that it connects to a Wifi signal, then it restarts. If I turn the Wifi off, the tablet will stay on. If I turn on the Wifi, but don't connect to any signal, the tablet will stay on. But when I select any Wifi signal and the tablet starts to connect...BAM... it's back to the restart cycle.  Over and over again, as long as it is trying to connect to a signal.

I have been able to uninstall Skype, but no improvement.

I have tried multiple Wifi signals, but that makes no difference.

If this were my Windows laptop, I'd restore it to a couple days prior... wish I could do this for my tablet.

I hate to reset the tablet back to factory settings as I'm not sure even that will work.

Suggestions?

Pman

Reset it back to factory settings but back up your data first to you computer. You can connect it as USB storage and manually back up your files if nothing else will work.

I bought the note 3 and it was incredibly buggy from day one so I returned it. Loved by s2 before that though. Samsung seems very hit or miss now.

Thalcoozyo

Oh, good grief!  Just cured the problem.    I simply restarted my modem/router!   Seldom do I do that, but gave it a try and, voila!, now it's fine.   The Skype update evidently changed some setting?  Am just glad it was something simple.

• Like 1

Jason S

I have a Samsung Tab 3 and it is the buggiest piece of electronics I have ever owned. I watch youtube videos and use the kindle app but other than that I don't do much else with it. 

Thalcoozyo

My wife and I both have one each.  The wifi only versions (not associated with a cell-plan).  We have had zero problems with them whatsoever.  I'm not into them, but she does all the games, and Facebook, and stuff for the grandchild (lots of youtube and chromecasting). Even with all the garbage that her tablet collects, she's had no problems as long as I go in and clear the cookies and histories and then re-start it every 24-48 hours. 

I'm a firm, firm believer in clearing histories and cookies. I do this nearly every day.  Have few, if any, problems with multiple tablets and laptops at home. I do the same with the laptop that my company provides me with, and I travel a LOT... and, again, no problems.

CCleaner is my friend, as well as Malwarebytes, and they should be your friends, too.  Or similar programs.

Edited by Thalcoozyo