Pro surfer survive bashing by locals at Philippines surfing event.

If you knowingly antagonize a large group of people you should expect this type of reaction, regardless of where you are in the world. Seems he doesn't play well with others. As for a fair fight, well, he didn't believe in a fair competition by letting others compete without his antics as a distraction....hopefully he learned a lesson about "fair play". 

• Like 4
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• JamesMusslewhite

• woodchopper

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Texas we refer to it as an attitude adjustment.   I have lived in the Surigao City, Dinagat Island and Siargao Island area for 7 years now. In all that time I have had no problems with the locals

Absolute fecking disgrace , did he molest somebody? Even if he is an asshole the behaviour by the locals was worse than whatever he done ,  What bats and bottles? as a get even move , please , a very

Why to people keep referring to it as a "fight"?   It was not a fight.   They wanted the guy removed and they removed him. (if it was in America the six armed cops would have probably put a dozen

Posted Images

It is because they are not very tough that it took 5 of them to take on this strong Australian bully

[ maybe !  haha

so 2 tiny filipinos are attacked by a 400 lb American and you think that of their 2 choices - one being to put a cap in you - that they made the wrong  choice and should have shot you instead    ???]

of course if their pistol was anything like the guns held by most security guards here there werent any bullets in it anyway .

I am not a surfer but I assume its pretty hard to paddle a board while holding onto a Slugger 

Your attempt at humor is not funny. I am not now, nor have I ever been 400 pounds. The most I have ever weighed, was 152 kilos. I am 137 now. This was back in 2005, when I weighed considerably less than I do now. Either way, you do the math. 

Now, what you may say about the gun may very well be true. But, I didn't know that at the time. Never did find out, actually. The issue was, they had a gun that THEY were afraid of, and though I would be afraid of it as well. They found out otherwise. 

But, if ANY group of ANY men come at me, I will do whatever I have to do, to defend myself against them. 

Knowing what I do about the Filipino culture, young Filipino males tend to fight that way, whether they are in the right, or wrong. They are never brave enough to fight one on one.  

Edited by Paul

Well, my military background tells me that if you have to get into a fight, bring everything you've got (which was exactly what they did).

This wasn't a military battle. It was a group of surfers on boards, at a competition. And, I have yet to see anything you, or anyone else here has posted, that has shown me they were anything more than cowards, cowards who need their asses handed to them. They don't need charges against them, only a good ol' southern ass whippin' they will NEVER forget.

• Like 1

If the intention is to let the big guy he is no longer welcome (and losing isn't an option), well...then you don't take chances.

My attitude is this. Win, lose, or draw, I will enter any fight I must. I am not scared of any man on this planet. I may, however, get my ass handed to me by that man. But, at least I know I took him on one on one, and not like these beach bum cowards.

In any fight like this, there is NO justification for them doing what they did. 

You are right about one thing, though. They got what they deserved - charged with attempted murder. I hope a big boy makes each one of them his g/f, while they are in jail. 

• Like 2

I've seen many attacks by Filipinos on Foreigners.

it's always 5 to 1, 7 to 1, 10 to 1.

How can any man respect another man or people that fight like that?

Sorry, but its cowardly.

p*ssy with a capital "P."

By the way, don't some of you get tired of this constant "white man, bad....Filipino man, good" mantra posted around here?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess, but with the usual suspects doing it constantly I'm leaning toward it being an agenda push instead of an opinion.

Edited by TDCNINJA
  • Like 5

I am not a surfer but I assume its pretty hard to paddle a board while holding onto a Slugger 

Duh...that's what a kick-ass bat scabbard slung on your back is for!

Knowing what I do about the Filipino culture, young Filipino males tend to fight that way, whether they are in the right, or wrong. They are never brave enough to fight one on one.  

On a night before Christmas one year it was almost comical...on my walk home from the bars that night 3 different groups tried to mug me, each time I stepped back and said something along the lines of who dies first, and each group backed off.  None had weapons, maybe a different story if they did.

• Like 2

On a night before Christmas one year it was almost comical...on my walk home from the bars that night 3 different groups tried to mug me, each time I stepped back and said something along the lines of who dies first, and each group backed off.  None had weapons, maybe a different story if they did.

Definitely. No one is willing to take the first hit, so the others can get you. How they do it is to come up behind you, again - like the cowards they are. Screw them. Let them take on someone who is similarly armed, rather than someone who doesn't have clubs and such to defend themselves. They would run away like little girls. 

What makes them brave, is what puts them in the news - alcohol. Usually, Red Horse.

• Like 1

Definitely. No one is willing to take the first hit, so the others can get you. How they do it is to come up behind you, again - like the cowards they are. Screw them. Let them take on someone who is similarly armed, rather than someone who doesn't have clubs and such to defend themselves. They would run away like little girls. 

Last time I was there during rainy season so always carrying a 3ft umbrella.  Soon realized it was pretty cool to have just in case of a situation.  Then thought even better if one could put a piece of rebar or something in the shaft to make it heavier and more effective....unconcealed concealed weapon type of thing.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Like 3

I have heard of Brent Symes before but only because I lived in Hawaii. He got his ass kicked, up on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii by some locals over something related to what happened recently in the Philippines. Apparently, the guy has a reputation for not playing well with others but I don't think it justifies getting his ass kicked with bats, lol. 

• Like 3

If the guy was a dick, step him out face to face, one on one. Pretty shitty thing to do to attack in group form....

• Like 1

Yes, its a disgrace.  You'd never see 5 rednecks in "another country" taking baseball bats to a guy just because he was an immigrant or a different color or something.   

But you can see a gang of blacks doing it!!

HaHa, I was in a disco in General Luna one time, not too far from Cloud 9. There was a foriegner surfer there, drunk on his ass, being loud, having a good time, bothering the girls, etc. And I seen a Filipino sneak up on his blind side and hit him across the head with a bottle. Of course the bottle broke and cut the surfer up pretty good. The Filipino ran and dissapeared into the crowd. The surfer went crazy and tried to call him out of the crowd and fight like a man before his surfer friends wisely hustled him out of there before a riot started. Wild night!

woodchopper

the "bobby brown classic" at Cronulla NSW is held every year in honour of Bobby,,"glassed in a NSW Pub" many years ago,,i 1st met him at Sandon Point NSW,,we where younger mates.

my eldest boy won a comp in portugal and extended his old style $2100 5 stops round the world ticket,,his best mate to this day,,robbie page won the pipeline masters,,but many wild stories to tell therein over all our years,,haha,,me being the oldest by a "country mile"