Pro surfer survive bashing by locals at Philippines surfing event.

A_Simple_Man
At a surf event in front the public and family's it is a disgrace

Yes.  Its a disgrace anywhere. Its a disgrace for the 5 individuals with bats, anywhere, anytime.  but not something we should bash a country for or the province of Mindanao for, or a race of people for.  Need I quote all the posts I mean or can you read them yourself?

Hmm.  Since you did not read them the first time I better quote the haters:

The Philippines is a notoriously dangerous country

(Note this one is unclear if its the poster's opinion or if he is quoting someone else)

Mindanao is kinda rough around the edges

the behaviour by the locals was worse than whatever he done

(All the locals or just 5 guys?)

So no, I am not defending the actions of the 5 guys.  Just calling a pack of wolves a pack of wolves.  Carry on.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 2
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• JamesMusslewhite

• woodchopper

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Texas we refer to it as an attitude adjustment.   I have lived in the Surigao City, Dinagat Island and Siargao Island area for 7 years now. In all that time I have had no problems with the locals

Absolute fecking disgrace , did he molest somebody? Even if he is an asshole the behaviour by the locals was worse than whatever he done ,  What bats and bottles? as a get even move , please , a very

Why to people keep referring to it as a "fight"?   It was not a fight.   They wanted the guy removed and they removed him. (if it was in America the six armed cops would have probably put a dozen

Posted Images

Florida.

:link:  Please , 5 locals bashing a international participant in a surfing contest with weapons , ....good luck with this and I am waiting...

Yes.  Its a disgrace anywhere. Its a disgrace for the 5 individuals with bats, anywhere, anytime.  but not something we should bash a country for or the province of Mindanao for, or a race of people for.  Need I quote all the posts I mean or can you read them yourself?

Hmm.  Since you did not read them the first time I better quote the haters:

(Note this one is unclear if its the poster's opinion or if he is quoting someone else)

(All the locals or just 5 guys?)

So no, I am not defending the actions of the 5 guys.  Just calling a pack of wolves a pack of wolves.  Carry on.

Straw clutching, did you think I meant the old lady selling icecreams?, of course I was referring to the OFFENDERS , but you knew that right? If not PITY again.

• Like 1
Irenicus

Please , 5 locals bashing a international participant in a surfing contest with weapons , ....good luck with this and I am waiting...

It was a joke, Tony.  I was replying to Salty Dog.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Hey, locals hate outsiders in California as well....

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
woodchopper

hmm,,kidnappings and bashings,,no matter who is at fault,,the overseas media will have a picnic with it all.

what price the peso in the short term? they allready write editorials on tourism hits

• Admin (Retired)

was brutally attacked in knee-deep water by locals wielding bats

sounds like how surfing would of been in my neighborhood if we had surfing

• Like 3

Guy is a prick. Not the first time he has pulled shite like this.

Was always going to happen to him one time or another.

Good job

Edited by hagler
  • Like 4

Whoever said that fights have to be fair? I think they were telling him he was no longer welcome in town, and it appears that he got the message.

Now, someone should go let those thin skinned assholes know what it's like to out number someone in a fight. 

Fight them the way they fight - like pussies.

A little money to someone in jail would work as well, to give them a bit of a lesson.

• Like 2

Guy is a prick. Not the first time he has pulled shite like this.

Wait. This is what I read: 

was brutally attacked in knee-deep water by locals wielding bats and bottles after he accidentally drifted too close to their surf break on Monday while watching trials ahead of the Siargao Cloud 9 Surfing Cup from the water.

So, because he drifted over, he deserved to have the shit beaten out of him by five (5) other men? Bullshit.

• Like 3

Where I come from, we would call it knee-capping those thugs. Not something they would soon forget.

Wait. This is what I read: 

So, because he drifted over, he deserved to have the shit beaten out of him by five (5) other men? Bullshit.

up to you matey.

he has history both in Australia and in the Pi doing shite like this before.

you get what you give

• Like 1

up to you matey.

he has history both in Australia and in the Pi doing shite like this before.

you get what you give

Show me where he attacked other people and put them in the hospital. 

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)

i don't surf or anything

so

could someone explain why what he did was a bad thing? and why was it so bad that some are not surprised by the locals reaction to it?

Edited by broden
  • Like 2