Managing the financials

My wife has a job, not sure if she gets paid as I have never seen any of it?  My wife is in charge of all the bills and such paid out of my money.   2 reasons.  1'st I hate a useless women, incapable of fending for herself. Like the Duke said, life is tough it is even tougher if you are a useless woman.  2nd I suffer from PTSD and have trouble keeping tract of everything.

Jester

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I guess if there were a title I would probably also be the CFO.

However my checking account and credit cards are joint now so she has total access.

To date, she has never used either one except when I was too lazy to pull out my credit card and asked her to use hers.

I think the only thing not in her name is the car lease.

She is very frugal, almost to the point that at times it's humorous. It's like she has some sort of low cost radar that allows her to home in on great deals in a store.

I've often wondered if I might spend more money if I was still single.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

I guess if there were a title I would probably also be the CFO.

However my checking account and credit cards are joint now so she has total access.

To date, she has never used either one except when I was too lazy to pull out my credit card and asked her to use hers.

I think the only thing not in her name is the car lease.

She is very frugal, almost to the point that at times it's humorous. It's like she has some sort of low cost radar that allows her to home in on great deals in a store.

I've often wondered if I might spend more money if I was still single.

Sounds like my wife too Salty Dog. We just received a notice from a credit card company because she hasn't used her card in two years. They were considering closing the account due to lack of use. I think we both are truly blessed. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I seriously doubt any man is the CEO of a household though we all like to think so. If you have kids at best your on the Board of Directors.

King of the castle. Golden rule applies.

RogerDuMond

I'm the CFO.

Me too. My SS and my wife's paycheck go into different accounts, but my wife hates anything relating to finances. Money for the house and farm here comes from my SS.

Her paycheck in the US goes into a matching 401k, IRA and her bills there which she has me pay for her. If I need any extra here, I tell her and take it. She does have access to all the accounts, but usually wants nothing to do with handling it.