Allowance for a GF in the Philippines

batman2525

she would never have married such an ugly kano like me.

Thats what my son always says.....why would a young beautiful Filipina  be with an old,ugly fat guy.....$$$$ of course.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highlighter

• batman2525

• Lee

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I met my wife she was working in retail, not making big money but she told me to never send money. Back in those days it was snail mail and phone calls, no computers for the average person, so I

Why do you want her to quit her job?  Just so that she can be available to you day and night?   And after she has quit her job what is she supposed to do when you are working for 6 months of the yea

Why would you ask her if she wants to stop so you can support her? I think that is the wrong course no matter what you both decide.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Not to be crass here but why would anyone need a gf at their beckoned call 24/7 when they really only need them at most 3-4 times a day for say 15-20 minutes. That is if you're in good shape...

batman2525

need them at most 3-4 times a day for say 15-20 minutes.

Probably cheaper than having a full timer...anyway...who wants them around after you've "cracked it",after Ive  "cracked it" I usually say....get me a beer outta the fridge and close the door on your way out....call me at 3pm after ive taken my nap and Ill see you at 4pm...make sure your on time...

Thats what my son always says.....why would a young beautiful Filipina  be with an old,ugly fat guy.....$$$$ of course.

Some people do marry for love, I realize that is foreign to some people who may have never found true love but it does exist. Then again my wife was only 20 years younger than me and she was into oldies music just like I am, so maybe she did not need me for an allowance, afteral she had a job and was managing to support herself and help her family all on her own but you believe whatever makes you happy.

• Like 4
For Real

I send my GF zero pesos a month.

Your ROI will never be higher. Challenge is if her other boyfriends stop sending money or one of the other boyfriends retires and moves to the RP and goes full time.

• Like 1
Highlighter

When it comes to Filipinas I tend to find some of the guys here to be pretty cynical. But in this case I agree with most of the comments you have received.

I don't understand why with a girl you are "just starting out" with your main thought is about how much to give her. I would not give her anything until or unless you are in a committed relationship leading to marriage or a similar commitment; I suppose living together might be considered comparable. 

While a nurse is a professional position in the Philippines the fact is the schools there knock out thousands of them, most of whom are not working and many of those that have nursing jobs are not paid. Therefore if she is working as a nurse and being paid it strikes me as offensive to ask her to quit for your traveling convenience, while not offering any commitment. Unfortunately, many Filipinas might take you up on such an offer, either out of love, the hope for a better life long term, or the need for a white long-nosed baby :)

My attitude would be different if you had said, "I met a girl I love dearly. Can't wait to make her mine forever. She works too hard in the sari sari store and I want to help her." Then the question of "how much to give" makes sense. But it appears (and I apologize if I am misinterpreting you) that your main interest is in getting her to give up work to be your companion on the months you don't work.

Again if I am misinterpreting I apologize. But if I am right, why not find a girl who doesn't have a real career to give up?

A lot of assumptions have been made in a lot of the replies. I guess it would have been easier to have just asked the guys who live in the Philippines what allowance do you give your non working girlfriend.

A lot of Filipinas have given up a lot more than a nursing job to be with a gut they love, maybe not love but want a better life. A lot have moved to other countries some for the better some not so. A lot of guys from failed marriages outside the Philippines all seem to think they are some kind of relationship advisor, life coach. If you fail at something (some several times) how do you become a subject matter expert????

• Like 4
Davaoeno

another brother noticed me I'm up on him, he up on me

Nosocalpinoy-  since you felt compelled to quote this I assume you feel it is relevant to how much allowance to give a filipina ??   

If you fail at something (some several times) how do you become a subject matter expert????

Starts at birth with the first step i guess...   life is all about failure to succeed.....even budgies suck seed  :yahoo:

------------------------------------------

I would think very difficult to make a broad statement..... " give her $xx per week"  because it is always going to depend on personal circumstances regardless of feelings..... (of course you love her dearly).....

you earn $500 per week..... at best you can give her ?

you earn $5,000 per week.... you can easily afford to give her $500 per week....( because you love her dearly )

Is it not more about dignity and not trying to buy someone ?..... buying is always going to be dangerous.....someone can outbid you....I have seen it happen several times.

In the case of your lady being currently employed..... i see your need as wanting her with you when you are here...... fair enough, i don't blame you..... however, she will be unemployed when you are not here, so you have to pay  what she is currently earning.

Also no doubt she is probably sharing accommodation with friends....you need to be paying her share when she is with you....so she is able to return to that arrangement when you are not here,  etc etc.

perhaps consider..... You set her up in a place, pay her wages, 10k per month ? ..... then consider helping her in further studies while you are not here, to improve her employment prospects in the event she returns to work...and to keep her busy when you are not around. This gives you both an each way bet.

But...this is complicated..... why not get her to ask for extended leave..(consider meeting some of the cost of a replacement ? )... spend a month or so with you..... travel enjoy..... really get to know each other and see a bit of this great country.....apart from the fact this will be a honeymoon period, so keep your feet on the ground, you will be i a good position to discuss your mutual needs and to make decisions accordingly, i am sure you have already been considering much of what i have said ..... perhaps it's good to hear it from others too

wish you all the best

Al

• Like 1

Posted Today, 5:21 PM

davehud, on 24 Sept 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:snapback.png

I send my GF zero pesos a month.

Your ROI will never be higher. Challenge is if her other boyfriends stop sending money or one of the other boyfriends retires and moves to the RP and goes full time. 

-----------------------------------

I think he means he sends dollars or whatever....we all actually send our own currency....its converted on the pickup....

I recommend not letting her quit her job as there will come a day when you think man I need a break for a beer, wish she worked to get out of my hair for a little while lol

Posted Today, 5:21 PM

davehud, on 24 Sept 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:snapback.png

-----------------------------------

I think he means he sends dollars or whatever....we all actually send our own currency....its converted on the pickup....

I recommend not letting her quit her job as there will come a day when you think man I need a break for a beer, wish she worked to get out of my hair for a little while lol

I meant that I don't send her any money at all, not in any currency. She has a good job and is quite proud of herself. She's never asked for money and I've never offered any. Of course when I'm there and we're together I pay for everything, treat the family, buy gifts, etc, ect.

Nurses in Government hospitals usually earn more than private nurses. 

Instead of guessing ask her directly. If she is employed why do you need to support her at all?

By the way, other than the internet have you actually met her in person?

Highlighter

Nurses in Government hospitals usually earn more than private nurses. 

Instead of guessing ask her directly. If she is employed why do you need to support her at all?

By the way, other than the internet have you actually met her in person?

I often wonder how people with such poor reading and comprehension skills get by each day. Probably not a bad idea to go back and read (a little slower) my original post.

I often wonder how people with such poor reading and comprehension skills get by each day. Probably not a bad idea to go back and read (a little slower) my original post.

Never underestimate the power of sarcasm.

My guess is that most of the men on this board, don't need to ask other people as to how much money to give to a gf. They simply give what they want to give. And usually after they do they rind out mucho pronto the true depth of the professed love of their potential partner.

No matter how happy you are or will be - or how happy you are not. It always has been and will always be about the money. The sooner you accept that the happier you will be.

Good luck.

Edited by TDCNINJA
  • Like 2