Allowance for a GF in the Philippines

to_dave007

Maybe you want to find out first if you or your money are more important to your GF, just saying - don't give her anything for now or very little is my advice.

OP has told us that such advice is irrelevant.  He WANTS to give the girl an allowance, and simply wants to know how much, and he likes being able to afford more than any of his competitors for the girls affections.  He likes the illusion of control and possession that it gives him.  Don't deny him that fleeting pleasure..

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highlighter

• batman2525

• Lee

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I met my wife she was working in retail, not making big money but she told me to never send money. Back in those days it was snail mail and phone calls, no computers for the average person, so I

Why do you want her to quit her job?  Just so that she can be available to you day and night?   And after she has quit her job what is she supposed to do when you are working for 6 months of the yea

Why would you ask her if she wants to stop so you can support her? I think that is the wrong course no matter what you both decide.

cebulover2000

OP has told us that such advice is irrelevant.  He WANTS to give the girl an allowance, and simply wants to know how much, and he likes being able to afford more than any of his competitors for the girls affections.  He likes the illusion of control and possession that it gives him.  Don't deny him that fleeting pleasure..

That's why I said 30K, it will go up from there because a woman needs gifts and affection, lol. Therefore secret budget is 50 K.

HERE IS A Good read of girls here in the PH and this one has a good brain,just not use to using it when she not need too,other wise if i am around use mine!!!!!!   SHE text me honey did you eat ?,,,,,,,,, I had text her two hrs before that i had just finish cleaning  up the kitchen !!!!!!   So i text her  (THINK)  she text me WHY ? i text her again (Think )!!!! She TEXT it's DIRTY????  Finally I said no i  EAT!!!!!  And of course she text SORRY  Honey i not Think!!!!!   Haaaa i forget to THINK also  i told her to read our last text between us,,, i have a excuse i am 76 she is 26 ,,,,, yes i am dating grandmothers now!!!!!

Edited by tonny
Highlighter

Maybe you feel pressure because her roommate has a foreigner BF who is give money to the girl. I don't know anything about that relationship and the one you have with your GF. I have heard that many Koreans or Japanese are giving their GF in the Philippines about 30 K/month BUT they often have a family/wife at home. Maybe you want to find out first if you or your money are more important to your GF, just saying - don't give her anything for now or very little is my advice. You can always give more but it's going higher from there, never lower, lol.

Just to clarify. Her best friend lives with her own boyfriend.

No pressure at all, the relationship is not that far along where I am about to ask her to give up work or move in.

miles-high

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines. One that is not sharing a home. I live in Manila and just starting out with a girl, currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic. Her best friend also a nurse, stopped work and is solely supported by her foreigner boyfriend, they live together.

Nothing…

You pay all your traveling cost, airfare, living cost, dining out, etc., etc. and that should be more than plenty, unless she is supporting her child, mother and/or father...

While you work for 6-months, you should give her allowances unless she lives with you while you work… If she can get a 6-month job while you work, probably give her nothing, unless she wants to upgrade her standard of living…

In my case, I gave my GF no allowance while living together… but I paid everything from our occasional trips to S/EA and EU countries to occasional shopping spree... she got almost everything she wanted :)... she got her own car and driver. I also gave her a condo just in case we split, I die or when we get older together.

Now we got married and live in the US since this past May. I am sending her to a univ for her to get more science credits so that she would be accepted to a med school. The worst case scenario would be for her to go to a law school haha :D

There is nothing immoral about spending your own money as long as you can afford it.

As they say, you cannot take it with you anyway… :D

• Like 2
batman2525

Why even have a regular long distance  girl.....? your only going to be thinking whos she with when your not around(who needs that on their mind) When you visit the Phils go out with lots of Filipinas and dont get attached until your ready to live there.

• Like 1
Highlighter

I was actually just referring to your post when I mentioned the word irrelevant.

Edited by Highlighter

No pressure at all, the relationship is not that far along where I am about to ask her to give up work or move in.

But you want to give her money?  I agree with the 30k per month.  But only send cash.  Credit cards are not universally accepted and most places will offer a better deal for cash.

rainymike

As daddy to two girls, here is my take:

Offer the girl whatever you please. However, if she should interpret that as an intent on your part to establish a commitment to marriage and make any decisions that might affect her future livelihood as a result, I will hold your ass responsible for any bad decisions she might make based on that assumption. Responsible means filing a legal complaint and compensation on her behalf.

And just for your information, if you should take her on a trip and stay together, I will automatically assume that there will be sexual relations and daddy will now assume a commitment to marriage on your part. And when daddy makes that assumption, there will more than a legal complaint. LOL ... think shotgun ...

On the other hand, you may date her like any other guy and buy her dinner, etc. And if the two of you break up, well, that's life. But, she does come home by 10:00.

• Like 3

When I met my wife she was working in retail, not making big money but she told me to never send money. Back in those days it was snail mail and phone calls, no computers for the average person, so I always sent her money for postage and when her father got sick after we knew each other for quite a while, I sent her money for doctors and medicine, each time she got mad at me and demanded I not send money, I told her to use the postage money so she did not have to spend her hard earned money on me and to use the other money to help her dad, I never knew just how sick he was, he had cancer and eventually died. When I finally arrived in the Philippines she was waiting with friends for me at the airport and they brought me to a pension house that they had reserved for me, so that I could shower and get changed as the group of them sat on the bed and no doubt talked about me, then once I was done and we all went down to have something to eat, she then handed me a bankbook and said "here is all your money back" which shocked the heck out of me and basically showed me that she was telling the truth and was not interested in money. 

Now over 21 years of marriage and over 24 years of knowing her, we are still happily married and she still asks for very little, thus I give her pretty much anything she wants or needs, I guess she has me figured out and wrapped around her finger  :wink: but I at least know that she really did not want me for my money. 

So my opinion on the subject is, if the lady has a job of her own, then there should be no need to send money unless she has a real emergency that can be checked but if you ask her to stop working, then you might then wish to replace her salary. I suggest people find out how much your lady is making and never ask her to stop working unless you are sure you want to marry her, as jobs in the Philippines may be very hard to get if she should have to go back to work. 

Now I'm truly confused.

I have met both of you.......... if she wasn't in it for the money then what??

hahahahaha, great story Lee

• Like 4

Now I'm truly confused.

I have met both of you.......... if she wasn't in it for the money then what??

hahahahaha, great story Lee

You did not realize that she must be blind lol or she would never have married such an ugly kano like me.

• Like 3

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines. One that is not sharing a home. I live in Manila and just starting out with a girl, currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic. Her best friend also a nurse, stopped work and is solely supported by her foreigner boyfriend, they live together.

As not to offend her or her friend I have not asked how much she earns each month nor do I know how much the friend gets from her boyfriend. From what I know (and I may be totally wrong) qualified nurses get about 15k - 20k per month.

If things pan out between us I may ask if she wanted to stop work and I support her, I only work 6 months of the year so plenty of time for travel and enjoying each others company. If I did ask, the decision would be hers.

Is giving a credit card with a set limit a good idea? Or would that be spent within the first day. Yes, I know it depends on the individual.

These are all just a general (all be it genuine) questions and I understand it would be better to ask the girl directly when the time comes.

When it comes to Filipinas I tend to find some of the guys here to be pretty cynical. But in this case I agree with most of the comments you have received.

I don't understand why with a girl you are "just starting out" with your main thought is about how much to give her. I would not give her anything until or unless you are in a committed relationship leading to marriage or a similar commitment; I suppose living together might be considered comparable. 

While a nurse is a professional position in the Philippines the fact is the schools there knock out thousands of them, most of whom are not working and many of those that have nursing jobs are not paid. Therefore if she is working as a nurse and being paid it strikes me as offensive to ask her to quit for your traveling convenience, while not offering any commitment. Unfortunately, many Filipinas might take you up on such an offer, either out of love, the hope for a better life long term, or the need for a white long-nosed baby :) 

My attitude would be different if you had said, "I met a girl I love dearly. Can't wait to make her mine forever. She works too hard in the sari sari store and I want to help her." Then the question of "how much to give" makes sense. But it appears (and I apologize if I am misinterpreting you) that your main interest is in getting her to give up work to be your companion on the months you don't work.

Again if I am misinterpreting I apologize. But if I am right, why not find a girl who doesn't have a real career to give up?

Edited by davewe
  • Like 4

Do not give her morethan she needed

Example

if you giving her 200 dollars per month

Sooner or later that 200 a month will become 500 to 800 dollars

Then all kinds of problems arise

Im sick house burned down my dog is sick my chicken flew away

I need to hire someone to catch it for me

More money money money

• Like 2