Allowance for a GF in the Philippines

NOSOCALPINOY
Refer to post#37 about the beyonce song "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". 

IMO, if one can not put a ring on a girlfriend's finger, one better have the cash to maintain and or keep her. JMHO though! 

BEYONCE KNOWLES LYRICS

"Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"

Here's the lyrics snips and pieces of the song

All the single ladies (All the single ladies)

All the single ladies

Now put your hands up

we just broke up

I'm doing my own little thing

another brother noticed me

I'm up on him, he up on me

You decided to dip but now you wanna trip

don't pay him any attention

Cause I cried my tears, for three good years

Ya can't be mad at me

if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips

Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans

Acting up, drink in my cup

I could care less what you think

I need no permission, did I mention

Don't pay him any attention

Cause you had your turn

And now you gonna learn

What it really feels like to miss me

Don't treat me to these things of the world

I'm not that kind of girl

Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve

Is a man that makes me then takes me

And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond

Pull me into your arms

Say I'm the one you want

If you don't, you'll be alone

And like a ghost I'll be gone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highlighter

• batman2525

• Lee

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I met my wife she was working in retail, not making big money but she told me to never send money. Back in those days it was snail mail and phone calls, no computers for the average person, so I

Why do you want her to quit her job?  Just so that she can be available to you day and night?   And after she has quit her job what is she supposed to do when you are working for 6 months of the yea

Why would you ask her if she wants to stop so you can support her? I think that is the wrong course no matter what you both decide.

A lot depends on your relationship and each of your commitment to the other.

If she's working and getting along fine without an allowance, why would you need to send one?

If she needs an allowance to get by, ask her what her expenses are, and then see if she can reduce, first.  That would be your allowance.  You don't want her flaunting anything.

A credit card?  lol

Jobs are tough enough to find, and if she quits, she may need to re-certify to return to work.  IMHO, people who work have higher self-esteem and a higher sense of worth.  Being single and dependent on a foreigner for room and board is not a good option without being married.
  • Like 2
Highlighter

Not about to put a ring on anybodies finger.

Gotta love the forum and the diverse range of answers and (irrelevant)advice offered.

• Like 1

I only work every second month.

You need to work more. Feel free to send me any extra monies earned. 

During the time that I was corresponding with my girlfriend who would become my wife, she refused to take any money from me including money for stamps. She was working as a housekeeper in Saipan making $300 per month. Which when converted to pesos at that time was 8400 pesos, most of which was sent home to support her son and sister.

Then she married him. Her life has been going downhill ever since. :D

• Like 5
woodchopper

give her k10p per month,,send to me,,i assure u she will get some of it,,and i will commit to spiritual and companionship advices and support to her during ur 6 months absences?,,,,,,, :kissass:

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

Just send her about 5K pesos a month.  Thats what all the other guys on DIA are sending her.  :girldevil:

• Like 5

Highlighter I say give her a Visa card with $1500.00 limit, $500.00 a week cash, and a American Express card with no limit (for emergencies only) Tell her you want her to quit her job and move into a condo you will provide and that she must be at your beck and call 24/7. Give he a new cell phone at your expense and insist she spend at least 3 nights a week with you when you're not working. You will also need to provide her in writing a contract stating that she will recieve $150000.00 US for 3 years after you break up.

Highlighter I say give her a Visa card with $1500.00 limit, $500.00 a week cash, and a American Express card with no limit (for emergencies only) Tell her you want her to quit her job and move into a condo you will provide and that she must be at your beck and call 24/7. Give he a new cell phone at your expense and insist she spend at least 3 nights a week with you when you're not working. You will also need to provide her in writing a contract stating that she will recieve $150000.00 US for 3 years after you break up.

I'm ready to quit my job for him now

• Like 2
Highlighter

Some of us are fortunate enough to be able afford this and much more, but if that's all you can afford so be it, I'd rather not be seen as a cheapskate

I wonder what the guys give who talk about taking a GF or wife (who had been working) back to their country.

Highlighter, you live in Manila. You should know by now that most Filipinos do not think/plan more than 1 month in advance. Given the option of quitting her job to be supported by her boyfriend, most Filipinas will jump at the opportunity, even though it may not be in their best long-term interests.

You need to decide first what is in her best long-term interest before you even consider making such an offer.

As for the financial consideration, as a nurse she would not be making much over about P10k per month (if she is lucky). I believe that she would jump at the chance of being supported with say P8k to P10k per month plus accommodation and power.

I am a bit like you, I live here (Lapu Lapu City) about 2/3 of my time and work overseas the other third. My live-in girl gets an allowance of P1k per week while I am here buying the food, etc., and P2k per week while I'm away. I always pay the rent/water (P6.5k) and power (P3k to P4k) per month. Manila is more expensive.

• Like 2
For Real

I wonder what the guys give who talk about taking a GF or wife (who had been working) back to their country.

former working Wife in Cebu = 45k/month. Former working Wife outside the RP = 120k/month. I Guess a Wife that hadn't been working might be cheaper to run. Mileage will vary.
  • Like 2

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines. One that is not sharing a home. I live in Manila and just starting out with a girl, currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic. Her best friend also a nurse, stopped work and is solely supported by her foreigner boyfriend, they live together.

As not to offend her or her friend I have not asked how much she earns each month nor do I know how much the friend gets from her boyfriend. From what I know (and I may be totally wrong) qualified nurses get about 15k - 20k per month.

If things pan out between us I may ask if she wanted to stop work and I support her, I only work 6 months of the year so plenty of time for travel and enjoying each others company. If I did ask, the decision would be hers.

Is giving a credit card with a set limit a good idea? Or would that be spent within the first day. Yes, I know it depends on the individual.

These are all just a general (all be it genuine) questions and I understand it would be better to ask the girl directly when the time comes.

I might be wrong but I would guess the reason you are asking is she said "Its up to you". You need to give her a little and see how she spends it or gives it away. Please don't be offended but that's what most of them do. For most there is no reasonable amount. But you might have possible found a keeper but I suggest you tread very carefully.

• Like 2
batman2525

currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic.

Why give her anything ?.....If it aint broke dont try fixing it.

cebulover2000

Maybe you feel pressure because her roommate has a foreigner BF who is give money to the girl. I don't know anything about that relationship and the one you have with your GF. I have heard that many Koreans or Japanese are giving their GF in the Philippines about 30 K/month BUT they often have a family/wife at home. Maybe you want to find out first if you or your money are more important to your GF, just saying - don't give her anything for now or very little is my advice. You can always give more but it's going higher from there, never lower, lol.

• Like 3