Allowance for a GF in the Philippines

Highlighter

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines. One that is not sharing a home. I live in Manila and just starting out with a girl, currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic. Her best friend also a nurse, stopped work and is solely supported by her foreigner boyfriend, they live together.

As not to offend her or her friend I have not asked how much she earns each month nor do I know how much the friend gets from her boyfriend. From what I know (and I may be totally wrong) qualified nurses get about 15k - 20k per month.

If things pan out between us I may ask if she wanted to stop work and I support her, I only work 6 months of the year so plenty of time for travel and enjoying each others company. If I did ask, the decision would be hers.

Is giving a credit card with a set limit a good idea? Or would that be spent within the first day. Yes, I know it depends on the individual.

These are all just a general (all be it genuine) questions and I understand it would be better to ask the girl directly when the time comes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highlighter

• batman2525

• Lee

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I met my wife she was working in retail, not making big money but she told me to never send money. Back in those days it was snail mail and phone calls, no computers for the average person, so I

Why do you want her to quit her job?  Just so that she can be available to you day and night?   And after she has quit her job what is she supposed to do when you are working for 6 months of the yea

Why would you ask her if she wants to stop so you can support her? I think that is the wrong course no matter what you both decide.

Why would you ask her if she wants to stop so you can support her? I think that is the wrong course no matter what you both decide.

• Like 9
mikewright

The law of supply and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is a low supply and high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 2
aussiekangaroo

I give my girlfriend 7k Month consisting of 3,500 every 15th and 29th day of the month. This does her just fine. She lives in one of my condos and manages all the rents etc for the other units and deposits the money direct to my account.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

The of supply and demand and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is alow supply and high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.

Whaaaat...

• Like 7
Highlighter

The idea of her stopping work is so that we can travel, spend time together. She currently works 6 days per week, I only work every second month.

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines. One that is not sharing a home. I live in Manila and just starting out with a girl, currently she is working as a nurse at a private clinic. Her best friend also a nurse, stopped work and is solely supported by her foreigner boyfriend, they live together.

As not to offend her or her friend I have not asked how much she earns each month nor do I know how much the friend gets from her boyfriend. From what I know (and I may be totally wrong) qualified nurses get about 15k - 20k per month.

If things pan out between us I may ask if she wanted to stop work and I support her, I only work 6 months of the year so plenty of time for travel and enjoying each others company. If I did ask, the decision would be hers.

Is giving a credit card with a set limit a good idea? Or would that be spent within the first day. Yes, I know it depends on the individual.

These are all just a general (all be it genuine) questions and I understand it would be better to ask the girl directly when the time comes.

private clinic try 10 to 12 a month 

• Like 1
Highlighter

The of supply and demand and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is alow supply and high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.

Can I have some of what you've been smoking

• Like 2

Can I have some of what you've been smoking

you would have to go to Hawaii first 

• Like 1
mikewright

Sorry, misread the post :(

How much is a reasonable amount for a GF in the Philippines.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 3
RogerDuMond

During the time that I was corresponding with my girlfriend who would become my wife, she refused to take any money from me including money for stamps. She was working as a housekeeper in Saipan making $300 per month. Which when converted to pesos at that time was 8400 pesos, most of which was sent home to support her son and sister.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 5

If things pan out between us I may ask if she wanted to stop work and I support her, I only work 6 months of the year so plenty of time for travel and enjoying each others company. If I did ask, the decision would be hers.

You sir, are a Filipina's dream come true.

I'll leave it to others to expand on this.

KonC

• Like 5
Highlighter

You sir, are a Filipina's dream come true.

I'll leave it to others to expand on this.

KonC

Feel free to comment.

I don't have any issue with supporting a GF if it meant being able to spend time together. As it is she works long hours and not home until after 11pm.

Was looking for constructive answers, not cryptic posts

Highlighter

Why do you want her to quit her job?  Just so that she can be available to you day and night?

And after she has quit her job what is she supposed to do when you are working for 6 months of the year?  or if you dump her and move on to greener pastures. 

If I was related to this girl by blood or marriage, I would advise her not to quit her job unless she has a ring on her finger, at least.

I did not find his post cryptic.  I understood it completely.

All relevant questions, as stated in my original post 'if things pan out" and "the decision would be hers"