Long Distance Relationship

to_dave007

Bassix..  Bingo.. I think you are on right path.  Good for you.  Sorry for being a little hard on you.  What part of Canada are you in?

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bassix

• cebulover2000

• broden

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my wife came over to the states got a walmart job continued her education now she is in hospital administration and makes alone more than what we use to make together, once she surpassed our old incom

I agree 100% with leaving her in the Philippines, same situation for me.    My wife has been surrounded by her family her entire life and never left her home or family for more than 2 days except fo

while it may seem daunting. even a bit scary to her at first (moving across the world to an unknown place with no family is for people from all over the globe) filipinos are incredibly adaptive 

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)

if she helps support her family with the sari sari

consider replacing some of those funds with your money(if needed) freeing up time for her to take some school courses while she is still in the Philippines.

could be normal school courses or english or cooking or cutting hair or whatever or a mish mash of things

• Like 6
to_dave007

In Hamilton now..  Got a niece in Ottawa, and my brother and mum are up visiting her right now.. But After some 35 years in Toronto, I'm now in Hamilton.  Lots of Pinoy here.

Aviator Tony

Fiancé visa get her to Canada if the law is like to US

I hear it's leaner than homeland security!

Any way this gives you 90 days to really check her out

• Like 1

Fiancé visa get her to Canada if the law is like to US

I hear it's leaner than homeland security!

Any way this gives you 90 days to really check her out

Canada no longer has the fiance visa.  It hasn't been available in decades.

Yes they only have a Visitors Visa now. If you say that you're bringing your girlfriend over then it's likely the visa will be denied. This visa is for people visiting friends or family.

Edited by Bassix
Headshot

There has to be a loophole somehow

I got my wife over hear US

On a fiancé visa about 12 years now

She's great beats out my

Tony, where are you at? If you are in the US, the visa rules are different than they are for Canada. The US still has a fiancee visa.

It would be nice if you would start a topic on you in the Introduction forum to say "Hi", and tell us a little bit about yourself. Give us a chance to welcome you properly.

Edited by Headshot
Skywalker

A friend of mine in Hawaii told me that it's now possible to get a fiance Visa for a same sex relationship.

I haven't checked.

mikewright

A friend of mine in Hawaii told me that it's now possible to get a fiance Visa for a same sex relationship.

I haven't checked.

You can in OZ....

Not quite yet in OZ, maybe next year :)

For the fiance visa you have to intend to marry within nine months, something not possible  with same-sex couples in Australia at the moment.

You're probably referring to the Partner visa, which does include same-sex de facto partners.

• Like 1

You are probably wondering why I don't take her back to Canada. Well I have several reason, the main reason is I don't think she would be happy here and would be lonely. The winters are darn cold and you really are confined to the indoors

I've met many Filipinas that have moved to cold places in the US,  Canada and Europe.  Sure it's cold, but they seem to adapt and some even come to enjoy the cold.

Plus, all of them have citizenship in another, more prosperous country.

If you plan to marry, I'd bring her there.  If she loves you, she'll likely learn to love the country, too.

I am retired here, but will bring my wife to the US so that she can gain citizenship for her future.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

Canada no longer has the fiance visa.  It hasn't been available in decades.

True, but Canada considers living together the same as married and they make allowances for people who have been "in a conjugal relationship" for 2 or more years and are unable to live together due to distance.  

As of October 25, 2012, CIC introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The amendments specify that spouses, common-law or conjugal partners who are in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and have no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application are subject to a period of conditional permanent residence. The condition requires the sponsored spouse or partner to cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident. The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on October 25, 2012, or after the day that the amendments come into force.

Examples

Condition applies if the couple:

• is married for two years or less; or
  • dated for four years, but is married for two years or less; or
  • have been in a conjugal relationship for two years or less; or
  • has cohabited in a common-law relationship for two years or less; and
  • Do not have any children in common

Condition does not apply if the couple:

• is married for more than two years; or
  • have been in a conjugal relationship for more than two years; or
  • has cohabited in a common-law relationship for more than two years; or
  • Have children in common.
  • Like 2
cebulover2000

I m pretty certain that this (conjugal partner) only applies to same sex marriages or if you can't marry your spouse in her home country for whatever reason. They changed the act to differentiate between time married and have/have not children and added conditions for shorter term relationships. Basically make babies as fast as possible if you sponsor your wife.

• Like 1