Air Shipping From Pakistan to Mactan Airport

LastManStanding

Has anyone ever shipped some airport to airport.  I have a supplier who is going to ship me some boxes from Pakistan to Mactan Airport.

I have only sent stuff via Fedex or similar and imported shipping containers.  I can't send to find adequate information on what the process is at the airport?

I am not sure if I pay customs fee there at the airport or I need a brokerage (is there a cutoff limit).  I am looking at about 1k USD of goods......

Headshot

Well, shipping something by air freight is basically shipping airport to airport. I shipped some belongings to Cebu that way several years ago. You deliver the packages to a bonded warehouse at the origin, and then you pick up the packages at a bonded warehouse in Cebu. you have to get a customs clearance and pay customs, since this doesn't qualify as a BB box.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
LastManStanding

Well, shipping something by air freight is basically shipping airport to airport. I shipped some belongings to Cebu that way several years ago. You deliver the packages to a bonded warehouse at the origin, and then you pick up the packages at a bonded warehouse in Cebu. you have to get a customs clearance and pay customs, since this doesn't qualify as a BB box.

But do you need to use a licensed importer ($$$) and pay brokerage fees and all that because that costs like 30k right off the top....

Headshot

But do you need to use a licensed importer ($$$) and pay brokerage fees and all that because that costs like 30k right off the top....

I flew Cathay Pacific, and so did my air freight crate. I arranged it through a freight expediter in the US about a week before I left, and told them what day I planned to leave (including the flight numbers). As a matter of fact, I saw it being loaded and unloaded at each airport I passed through. In Cebu, the ONLY fees I had to pay were at Customs. They based the value of my goods (for customs purposes) on the cost to ship the crate to Cebu, since they said nobody would pay more to ship something than the goods were worth.

cvgtpc1

Could find an air carrier with a cargo office in each location and have them ship it between locations.

Edit: but now considering the locations that's probably impossible.

Edited by cvgtpc1