Adult with a minor child

Davaoeno

Basically a grown man never has to worry about being with an underage child- until he does . Then its too late.  Feel like rolling the dice ?  You probably never have a thing to worry about . But................

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 6
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Soarking

• Tullioz

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't say you are a dick-head, just misinformed. I suggest you ask your barangay captain, or better yet the DSWD and when they tell you it is OK, please come and share it here so others will be l

Basically a grown man never has to worry about being with an underage child- until he does . Then its too late.  Feel like rolling the dice ?  You probably never have a thing to worry about . But.....

Where do you get the idea that asking a few people to interpret an incredibly broad law is somehow proof of its meaning?You'll remember SkyWalker asked a cop friend about the law and his activities wi

Posted Images

From the time my children began elementary school I drove them and other children to school. I have been doing this for the past decade. I do not concern myself with the risk of violating some law. My concern is more with the risk of expense of there is an accident with injuries. So far, so good.

I would suggest the op yield to the request of his child and give rides.

If you get busted, I promise to make visits. Do you smoke?

• Like 2

It is a good idea to read all the post in a thread, before responding

ah yeah , sorry I only saw your quote :) 

Suggesting to brake any law and certainly the arguably most dangerous and bias law against foreigners should be removed

the stupidity is to grate

• Like 1

"Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor"

Looks like your safe unless the kid is working in your company business...

A_Simple_Man

I can tell you that I took an unrelated minor child out for ice cream, for walks, to resorts and many other place where it was just me and him and I never got in trouble.  No one even suggested I was doing anything wrong, even though the law quoted in this thread says I was.

I would do it all over again, exactly the same way, because in my view I was doing nothing wrong, right up until the time my ex partner admitted to me:  No, you are NOT his biological father.  :bobward:

Point is, the law is flawed and everyone needs to follow their own beliefs and take whatever consequences go with that belief.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly in the case posted here a while back the guy was taking his neighbor to the dentist being a good guy and helping the less fortunate. And got busted for being alone with her. I thought I read that the parents and barangay Captian spoke in his defence with no avail.

Frankly I would rather be perfectly safe than take any risk when it comes to minors. If you want to be the nice guy, so be it.

You may want to revisit that case. When the guy was unable to provide receipts or documents to prove that the girl visited the doctor and couldn't give the name of the facility he took her to he stopped cooperating with the authorities. It was not the parents that backed him up, but rather a woman who claimed to be the child's aunt.

I suppose we could go down the road of who gets bail and who doesn't , but this is just going to go around in circles as usual , if you think there is equal footing with the law for foreigners and locals your are in dreamland.

The most recent case of a foreigner who was arrested for "simply being with a minor" was released on P120,000 bail despite the fact that he met her on a dating site, she was a runaway and he spent 3 days in a hotel with her. In my opinion they were overly kind his case. Most here would think he would automatically get no bail and have to sit in jail until it goes to trial being that he is a foreigner. 

Edited by Tullioz

The most recent case of a foreigner who was arrested for "simply being with a minor" was released on P120,000 bail

:link:

I can tell you that I took an unrelated minor child out for ice cream, for walks, to resorts and many other place where it was just me and him and I never got in trouble.  No one even suggested I was doing anything wrong, even though the law quoted in this thread says I was.

All well and good until you get this message, followed by a request for funds to start a family biz 

i can be angry somtimes i remind yuo that you entertain my others nice and they are minor ages and i can talk that to police..inday ivy she is minor..maayong hapon...kanimo
  • Like 2

I'd like to add that I have had dozens upon dozens of situations where neighbor children have been in my company. From birthday parties to visits to our home for baksetball games.

Again, I'd advise the op to be a good neighbor and use the common sense that taking children to school will NOT result in an arrest for suspicion of child abuse.

• Like 2
contraman

I'd like to add that I have had dozens upon dozens of situations where neighbor children have been in my company. From birthday parties to visits to our home for baksetball games.

Again, I'd advise the op to be a good neighbor and use the common sense that taking children to school will NOT result in an arrest for suspicion of child abuse.

I would suggest that you might want to amend that last paragraph to read

"Again, I'd advise the op to be a good neighbor and use the common sense that taking children to school will May NOT result in an arrest for suspicion of child abuse."  :idontknow:

• Like 4

There seems to be a double standard in most countries of what people automatically think about a guy with a much younger teenage girl who is obviously not his daughter, verses a guy with a much younger teenage boy who is obviously not his son, both may be against the law in the Philippines but I feel most often adults think men are more likely to take advantage of a young supposedly helpless girl, versus a young boy who is often thought of as a young man. With below teenage years, it would probably moreso depend on the interactions between the adult and the child, but that too could be true with teenage years. 

Those that have children with them take their chances, just because nothing has happened does not mean that nothing can or will happen, we all have to live our lives the way we wish to and take whatever informed chances we wish to take. 

• Like 2

:link:

Here is a post I made last night on the latest one. http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/87146-trip-with-a-minor-lands-man-53-in-cell/?p=1111951 If I have time later I will search for the poor guy who was taking the little girl to the doctor. In the mean time you can probably find it on your own, Google is your friend ;)

Soarking

From the time my children began elementary school I drove them and other children to school. I have been doing this for the past decade. I do not concern myself with the risk of violating some law. My concern is more with the risk of expense of there is an accident with injuries. So far, so good.

If you get busted, I promise to make visits. Do you smoke?

I would rather play it safe. My luck I would get judge who's daughter got knocked up by a Fournier.

And NO, I don't smoke, drink or Womanize. I know, "What the hell am I doing in the Philippines?"

• Like 1