Adult with a minor child

Soarking

Can someone please repost a copy of the law regarding an adult being alone with a non-related minor child getting free room and board in a Philippine jail.

My son keeps asking me to give our neighbors a ride to school, (probably grades 5 & 7) saying it's OK. I refuse and everybody thinks I'm just a dick-head for not doing it.

I keep telling him if we got stopped or I had even a minor traffic accident I will be going to jail.

Sorry to be asking for something that has been posted over and over on this form.

• Like 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Soarking

• Woolf

• Tullioz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't say you are a dick-head, just misinformed. I suggest you ask your barangay captain, or better yet the DSWD and when they tell you it is OK, please come and share it here so others will be l

Basically a grown man never has to worry about being with an underage child- until he does . Then its too late.  Feel like rolling the dice ?  You probably never have a thing to worry about . But.....

Where do you get the idea that asking a few people to interpret an incredibly broad law is somehow proof of its meaning?You'll remember SkyWalker asked a cop friend about the law and his activities wi

Posted Images

http://www.gov.ph/1992/06/17/republic-act-no-7610/

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Edited by Woolf

. I refuse and everybody thinks I'm just a dick-head for not doing it.

I wouldn't say you are a dick-head, just misinformed. I suggest you ask your barangay captain, or better yet the DSWD and when they tell you it is OK, please come and share it here so others will be less paranoid when it comes to situations like this. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 6
Soarking

I wouldn't say you are a dick-head, just misinformed. I suggest you ask your barangay captain, or better yet the DSWD and when they tell you it is OK, please come and share it here so others will be less paranoid when it comes to situations like this.

If I remember correctly in the case posted here a while back the guy was taking his neighbor to the dentist being a good guy and helping the less fortunate. And got busted for being alone with her. I thought I read that the parents and barangay Captian spoke in his defence with no avail.

Frankly I would rather be perfectly safe than take any risk when it comes to minors. If you want to be the nice guy, so be it.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

If I remember correctly in the case posted here a while back the guy was taking his neighbor to the dentist being a good guy and helping the less fortunate. And got busted for being alone with her.

If I remember correctly, that was to a different island.

• Like 2
Soarking

If I remember correctly, that was to a different island.

Different island, Same country.

And really it would be at the discretion of the judge.

SORRY, but I was told they don't have private rooms or room service in Philippine jails.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

SORRY, but I was told they don't have private rooms or room service in Philippine jails.

"A raid on the biggest jail in the Philippines has uncovered drug lords "living like kings" in secret luxury cells with strip bars, sex dolls, a jacuzzi and methamphetamines, the country's justice secretary says."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-16/strip-bars-and-drugs-uncovered-in-philippine-bilibid-jail-raid/5969234

• Like 2

"A raid on the biggest jail in the Philippines has uncovered drug lords "living like kings" in secret luxury cells with strip bars, sex dolls, a jacuzzi and methamphetamines, the country's justice secretary says."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-16/strip-bars-and-drugs-uncovered-in-philippine-bilibid-jail-raid/5969234

Everybody keeps forgetting that there are different laws for foreigners...

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

Can you point us to a copy of those different laws please?  :stick_poke:

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 2

your looking four - RA 7610 section 10 B 

RA 7610

And yes, doing something as innocent as giving you're neighbors kid a ride to school is against the law. 

Edited by Runian
  • Like 4

your looking four - RA 7610 section 10 B 

RA 7610

It is a good idea to read all the post in a thread, before responding

I would like you to give sample of philippine laws  that are different for locals and foreigners

except for immigration laws and right to vote laws

Can you point us to a copy of those different laws please?  :stick_poke:

I would love to Roger , unfortunately it is a discretionary thing exercised by those employed in the judicial system.

• Like 2

I would like you to give sample of philippine laws  that are different for locals and foreigners

except for immigration laws and right to vote laws

I suppose we could go down the road of who gets bail and who doesn't , but this is just going to go around in circles as usual , if you think there is equal footing with the law for foreigners and locals your are in dreamland.

• Like 4