Hello

Kahuna

Kahuna

Hello ALL,

My name is Patrick,and I have been to Cebu 4 times[twice to marry my wife[same lady]] and have found this board a very useful place for info on anything pertaining to living there someday.

I have had difficulties in getting my wife to the states and seek info here on customs there and if there is anyone who has had similiar experiences I may relate to.

I was a former member[mostly lurker] who was deleted in the recent cleanup and I re-registered in the hopes of keeping my acct.open so I can continue to look here and sort of "live" vicariously thru the other people who post here and add thier experiences to mine to maybe help me someday if I ever get to retirement to live there.

Thank you all, Patrick[Kahuna]

Patrick Kahuna :welcome: to the forum. :) Post your questions and I am sure forum members will try to answer them.

• 5 months later...
Kahuna

Hello Again, It seems that the US has denied my petition to bring her to the states.It's a long,confusing,complicated story but the end results in the denial.I am waiting to see if I can start over again with a second petition based on our second marriage, but I think it may be best for me to live there as soon as I can retire[i am 55,can early retire at 62].Meanwhile I send money to help her set-up a life for herself and maybe me later for she wants to start a small sari-sari to work since the market dropped out on the business she worked in Lapu-Lapu with her brother[another long story]

I will be seen lurking here from time to time absorbing the info all you provide so please continue this forum and its helpfulness. Thank you all for your posts.most are well meant and give me hope of joining you all there someday in the future.Thank you!

BTW,my wife is 52 so time isn't on our side but we have hopes for uniting and finally being happy there!