Openly gay man appointed to run the Army

***OFF TOPIC*** I remember being shocked by the vile homophobic comments in the posting about Ireland allowing gay marriage and now its gonna happen in this thread too? Faggots and poofters? Are these terms tolerated on this forum? Does that mean if I wanted to I can start sprouting off the 'n' word if I chose to? 

Get over yourselves. So because a man chooses to have sex with men, that is in the military, makes the news and a forum about the Philippines? 

I bet you'd all be tripping over yourselves if it was a lesbian! (Those that don't have an inferiority complex against women anyway).

Just a reminder that this is a public forum and not a private group with your mates. Not everyone who is interested or has links to the PH is here or part of this group solely for a woman/women. Some of us actually just love the food, the people, the islands, the atmosphere.

***ON TOPIC*** Good for him! How hard it must be to live surrounded by such vile judgemental people but yet he still aspired to be the best and do what he wants to do.

I hope the forum moderators take control of this situation.

I am DISGUSTED!

• Like 4
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayT

• diverdon

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just my thoughts as I worked for DOD for fifteen years after I retired from the USMC...if you dont have active Military Service..you should never be appointed to head any of the services as a civilian

For the record: 12 years service British Army, 3 tours of Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Cyprus, 2 tours of Iraq. Colonel (ret), HQ Squadron of my last Cavalry Regiment posting. I sti

I am touched by your level of sensitivity . Its seldom that we see a guy  post here who is so in touch with his feminine side .     So your position is that all " public forums" should be ruled in l

Posted Images

As far as a homosexual not being qualified - this is an administrative post but consider these men of some military note. In my opinion Obama did do it to say FU to the military.

Alexander The Great

Julius Caesar

T.E. Lawrence 

The Spartans

and for Americans

Baron Friedrich Wilhelm Augustus von Steuben

Kids who let words like faggot and poofter wind them up amuse the hell out of me. 

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I am DISGUSTED!

I am touched by your level of sensitivity . Its seldom that we see a guy  post here who is so in touch with his feminine side .  

So your position is that all " public forums" should be ruled in line with your own political correctness and by your standards - and that certain terms should not be allowed ??  You do realize that your attitude offends almost every aspect  of free speech and  freedom of expression ?     

What is even more amazing is that after discovering in the Irish thread that people here are allowed to express themselves freeling you decided that you wanted to remain a member, and are still here complaining.  Certainly there must be forums available where you can join all the faggots and poofters and fudge packers and bayots in posting comments that dont offend you ?

• Like 9

I am touched by your level of sensitivity . Its seldom that we see a guy  post here who is so in touch with his feminine side .  

So your position is that all " public forums" should be ruled in line with your own political correctness and by your standards - and that certain terms should not be allowed ??  You do realize that your attitude offends almost every aspect  of free speech and  freedom of expression ?     

What is even more amazing is that after discovering in the Irish thread that people here are allowed to express themselves freeling you decided that you wanted to remain a member, and are still here complaining.  Certainly there must be forums available where you can join all the faggots and poofters and fudge packers and bayots in posting comments that dont offend you ?

To really be effective the winding should be a little more gentle, IMO, but you're on the right track. 

• Like 3
Davaoeno

To really be effective the winding should be a little more gentle, IMO, but you're on the right track. 

thanks . I appreciate it wasnt up to my usual standard but i was in a hurry !!  I promise to try harder next time [ altho "gentle"  isnt my strong suit !]

***ON TOPIC*** Good for him! How hard it must be to live surrounded by such vile judgemental people but yet he still aspired to be the best and do what he wants to do.

I'd say he was more likely surrounded by people like himself or those supporting his lifestyle.

Wonder who else was in the running?

This is a jab at conservatives so they can be ran thru the mud prior to the election when they bring up his qualifications and the dems turn it into homophobia on the conservative's part.  

Got to say a brilliant play though, like something out of House of Cards.

Edited by cvgtpc1
Irenicus

How can the Worlds toughest military have a faggot running the show...? This is not good publicity.

Well said.

Alexander the Great was gay, too, and he pretty much sucked.

Get it?  Sucked?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaaaaa......

USMC 67 /71 - 4  years 3 months service - medical discharge, 13 months Vietnam 68 - 11 months military hospital, wounded 3 times, final rank Sargent  E-5

Yeah, but you didn't live in the Philippines for 16 years.

Or is it 17?

I can't keep up....

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Having gay parents must be horrible.

I mean, either you get twice the number of awful dad jokes or you get stuck in an infinite loop of "Go ask your mom."

• Like 3
Dragonladies.org

The person being nominated has never served in the military, but has been a civilian employee of some sort for years.

I think I read he has worked in the pentagon for 20 years?     I'm wondering about how honest he has been in the past regarding his lifestyle, as it pertains to whatever security clearances he had?

He seems well qualified based on his experience. I don't care who someone sleeps with. I'd worry more about having Obama as my Commander in Chief if I was in the Army.

• Like 1
Headshot

Here are the new US Army camouflage pants...

post-6379-0-71874900-1442726895_thumb.jpg

There is no shirt because the new secretary likes to see those abs...  :cool:

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Here are the new US Army camouflage pants...

I know a homosexual retired from the military that would rip off your head and shit down your neck without even getting out of his chair. 

Headshot

I know a homosexual retired from the military that would rip off your head and shit down your neck without even getting out of his chair. 

Can't take a joke, huh?   :wave:

• Like 1