Female USC Student Found Murdered in Her Home

or maybe a comment on her page...

''Hi, are u aware of the fact that she was not rape at all? Im her childhood friend until recently till shes gone. This has something to do with a certain event. Ask her friends and classmates to speak up. There should be a story behind this tragic loss. I was shock and i didnt know what to do when the news reached me. Ask for the truth to everyone she knows. Thank you''

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Tullioz

• RogerDuMond

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a tragedy that a life so young should be taken away by a sick, deranged, piece of s*#t excuse for a human being. My heart goes out to her family who has to live with this loss. I just hope that t

Over a few material things, this girl's life came to an end.    What horrible, horrible creatures, humans can be.

Someone interested in justice for that crime needs to know more, a lot more. The problem is many people get caught up in the mob hysteria of an immediate arrest, leading to wrongful arrests, false con

Posted Images

Like how they (and now this edited thread-title) continually state "student killed" in their headlines, as if it wouldn't matter as much if she was a "non-student" killed.

That seems to be a pretty common practice in the media worldwide.

Unc Student Murdered

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/unc-student-murdered/

Illinois College Student Murdered

http://fox8.com/tag/illinois-college-student-murdered/

Student murdered yards from home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-159148/Student-murdered-yards-home.html

Dal student's murder: Intensive search in Lower Truro into 2nd day

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1307439-dal-students-murder-intensive-search-in-lower-truro-into-2nd-day

Courtrooms are how civilized people determine guilt or innocence of the accused, this isn't a backwards Muslim nation under barbaric Sharia law...oh wait, that's exactly what the Mindanao 'autonomous zone' is.

Yes, that's what the courtroom is for, but in cut and dry murder and rape cases (especially when kids are involved), when there is certainty that the accused is guilty or they confess, I don't see the point in spending all that tax money on a long drawn out trial and years of incarceration. I prefer swift justice, but that's just me.

Lol please don't write things like this. :crazy:  I nearly choked on my cappuccino.   You obviously have not had much experience with the pulisiya, prosecuting attorneys and the legal system here.

I'm pretty sure I have more than the average person's experience with the police and legal system here. In all of my experiences so far things have been carried out in a very professional way and handled in a similar fashion to what I would expect in the US. But just like anywhere else in the world, there are cases that sometimes get botched, investigations that take years and innocent that people sometimes get accused of things they did not do. But that is the exception not the rule; even here in the Philippines. For every case that goes wrong, innocent person charged or makes the headlines, there are thousands of investigations and cases that are tried that you never hear about.

Case closed.

CEBU CITY, Philippines–The main suspect in the killing of 17-year-old accountancy student was killed about 5 p.m. on Tuesday on an island-village in Bohol province.

Senior Supt. Armando Radoc, Lapu-Lapu police director, said police operatives went to Nasingin Island in Getafe town, Bohol, to verify if Ruben Fernandez, suspect in the slay of Karen Kaye Montebon, was in the house.

Before they could reach the house, the police heard bursts of gunfire. They later found Fernandez dead with gunshot wounds in the head and chest.

He said they didn’t know who killed Fernandez and what was the motives behind.

The police learned about the whereabouts of Fernandez from his live-in partner Jenalyn Soon who was picked up for questioning from her house on Olango Island in Cebu.

It turned out that Fernandez was hiding in the house of his sister on Nasingin Island.

Based on the investigation, Radoc said Fernandez was acting alone when he killed Montebon inside her room in his house in Corinthian Subdivision, Barangay Basak, Lapu-Lapu City on Sept. 15.

Soon told the police that she and Fernandez went to the house of the Montebon to ask if Soon’s sister who was based in Hawaii had sent money for them.

Soon’s sister would usually send money to Soon through Montebon’s mother.

When they left the house, Fernandez dropped Soon and claimed that his motorcycle had ran out of fuel.

She said she didn’t know that Fernandez went back to the house of the Montebon and took the camera, iPad, necklace, earrings and PSP before killing the girl.

Radoc said they recovered the camera that had been pawned by Fernandez.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/724428/main-suspect-in-rape-slay-of-cebu-student-shot-dead

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1

She said she didn’t know that Fernandez went back to the house of the Montebon and took the camera, iPad, necklace, earrings and PSP before killing the girl.

Over a few material things, this girl's life came to an end. 

What horrible, horrible creatures, humans can be.

• Like 5
Soon told the police she didn’t know that Fernandez went back to the house of the Montebon and took the camera, iPad, necklace, earrings and PSP before killing the girl

So all the info that the police have came from one of the suspects...and then they execute the other suspect...even though the eyewitness said both left together and nobody come back.

Keep an eye on this Jenalyn Soon character...

Edited by Raptor

So all the info that the police have came from one of the suspects...and then they execute the other suspect...even though the eyewitness said both left together and nobody come back.

Keep an eye on this Jenalyn Soon character...

I would say the pawn slip was pretty strong evidence as well. I'm sure the woman cut a deal with the investigators for the information  she provided and her testimony against Fernandez.  

Edited by Tullioz

I'm sure the woman cut a deal with the investigators for her testimony against Fernandez.

You mean like a 'get away with murder' deal?

You mean like a 'get away with murder' deal?

Probably more like a "continue to breathe" deal. She will likely do some time for her involvement though. 

Edited by Tullioz
RogerDuMond

Boo  they murdered Him.      

Who is they, I didn't see that in the story?

For Real

Who is they, I didn't see that in the story?

"They" are the people who squeezed rounds into Fernandez. I don't know about you but i am likely to give credit to another party for bullets I fired in the Philippines.

RogerDuMond

"They" are the people who squeezed rounds into Fernandez. I don't know about you but i am likely to give credit to another party for bullets I fired in the Philippines.

My money would be on the family as the source.

• Like 1