Female USC Student Found Murdered in Her Home

Not sure if this was posted as my content page wont open...

.................................................................................................

Police investigators in Lapu-Lapu City are now checking possible leads in the rape-slay of a 17-year old Carolinian identified as Karen Kaye Montebon.

Montebon, a first year Accountancy student of the University of San Carlos in Cebu City, was found dead by her father James inside their house in Corinthians Subdivision, barangay Suba-Masulog, Lapu-Lapu City at 5:30 pm on Tuesday.

Montebon's father just arrived from work. Police believed that the crime happened around 7 am to 8 am in the morning when other members of the family left the house. The victim was preparing to go to school at 10 am.

The lifeless body of Montebon was found lying below her bed. Her neck was tied with a hair straightener cord..

When brought to Mactan Doctors' Hospital, the doctors confirmed her sexual organ had laceration. A stain of blood was also found in her underwear. But autopsy is scheduled to be conducted this morning, according to P03 Jerson Alparito of the Lapu-Lapu City Police homicide section.

As of 9 am this morning, Alparito said they have no suspects yet. But a pair of slipper was found outside the house of the victim.
Alparito said the DSLR camera and mini-ipod of the victims were also stolen.

post-7902-0-62229300-1442397265_thumb.png

Edited by ozboy
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Tullioz

• hyaku

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a tragedy that a life so young should be taken away by a sick, deranged, piece of s*#t excuse for a human being. My heart goes out to her family who has to live with this loss. I just hope that t

Over a few material things, this girl's life came to an end.    What horrible, horrible creatures, humans can be.

Someone interested in justice for that crime needs to know more, a lot more. The problem is many people get caught up in the mob hysteria of an immediate arrest, leading to wrongful arrests, false con

Posted Images

contraman

What a tragedy that a life so young should be taken away by a sick, deranged, piece of s*#t excuse for a human being. My heart goes out to her family who has to live with this loss. I just hope that they catch the one responsible for this.

Likewise, But it will not bring her back to them :(

• Like 1

True, but a least justice will be served. It might even help the family of the girl in their grief knowing that the one responsible was caught.

• Like 3
I hope the person, or people, who did this will face a similar fate as these four did last month. Arrested on Saturday, dead by Monday. 

Families consented to execution of 4 rape-slay suspects in Marawi City 

COTABATO CITY, Philippines – The four suspects in the rape, killing and burning of a 14-year old girl in Marawi City were executed last week with the consent of their families, a top official of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) has said.

ARMM Vice-Governor Haroun Al-Rashid Lucman said he had reported to ARMM Governor Mujiv Hataman that the four were executed by firing squad on August 17, by an unnamed armed Moro group near Bayang town, after the families of the suspects and the victim’s had so agreed, to prevent a rido or family feud.

Lucman also stood by the local police, saying the victim’s family did not file a complaint and that the police had to release the suspects 36 hours after their arrest.

“The suspects’ families told me they agreed on it that way with the family of the victim. This is a very unique case. The two parties involved have settled, as you already know in Maranao culture, it’s too painful; it’s better that you kill several males than rape, murder and much more if a female is burned alive. I think it’s the best settlement, given the circumstances,” said Lucman.

Following their arrest on a Saturday (August 15), the four had admitted on video recording to entering and stealing valuables from the victim’s house, before raping her and choking her to death. One of them burned her body by lighting off pages of the Qur’an.

Resident Hadji Muhammad Faiz Biston, who closely followed the developments, said the execution took place before midnight of Monday (Aug. 17), but other sources of information said it took place at about 2 a.m. on Tuesday (Aug. 18).

Each of the four suspects was seen with a single bullet wound in the head, but cellular phones and cameras were strictly prohibited by the masked armed men who did the execution, said a resident, who declined to be named to “put an end to this story.”

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 5

Not unless the definition of dead has changed recently.

Prayers to her family.  That's a horrific tragedy I couldn't imagine.

Story doesn't mention signs of forced entry, or NOT.  Typical pathetic reporting.  

In a first world country the DNA evidence would likely lead to the perp pretty fast. 

• Like 2

This type of behaviour is all too prevalent here............ unless it happens in the big cities no-body hears about it...... maybe a few lines in the local rag, in the last 6 months I know of two fourteen year olds raped and murdered in the Maasin district alone, another one in Malitbog (possibly Sogod) all in Southern Leyte.....

heart breaking stuff, at least in these cases the perpetrators (or most of them at least) have been captured.....

Typical pathetic reporting. In a first world country the DNA evidence would likely lead to the perp pretty fast.

Only if she was raped. Photo here shows she was fully clothed - Warning: Graphic

A 17-YEAR-OLD accountancy student was found dead inside her room in a subdivision in Barangay Basak, Lapu-Lapu City last Tuesday afternoon.

Police have yet to identify who killed Karen Kaye Montebon, whom her father found lying on the floor with a cord of a hair straightener tied around her neck past 5 p.m.

A first-year student of the University of San Carlos, Montebon was alone when the killer or killers entered the house in the Corinthians Subdivision in Sitio Suba-Masulog.

Her iPad and DSLR camera were missing, leading the police to suspect that the gadgets contained sensitive information and have something do with the killing.

Senior Supt. Armando Radoc, chief of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office, said robbery was an unlikely motive because there were more valuables in the house that could have been taken away.

Di ta kaingon na robbery kay naa pa may mas mahal na items (We can’t say it’s robbery because there were more expensive things in the house),” he said.

Although her father said a cord was tied around her neck, the autopsy report said that Montebon was choked to death with the use of hands.

Police are checking the identity of a woman who was seen knocking on the front door of the victim’s house around 7 a.m. and her male companion on a black motorcycle.

The two wore full-faced helmets, a helper working in a nearby house told the police.

The woman was described as petite and long-haired while the man was estimated to to be in his 40s, Radoc said. Nobody had recorded the motorcycle’s plate numbers.

A witness said the two were seen leaving less than hour later, but a neighbor living in an adjacent house said he heard the sound of a closing door coming from victim’s house around noon.

The neighbors whom investigators talked to said they did not hear any commotion from the victim’s house, Radoc told reporters.

He said Montebon was still in house clothing when she was killed. She also appeared to have been dragged by the hair from the ground floor to her room on the second floor.

James Montebon, 45, the victim’s father, said his eldest daughter—the victim’s only sibling—and his wife left the house at 6 a.m. A technician at the Mactan Electric Company, he did not go home from overtime work until 5 p.m. that day.

His eldest daughter had gone to Velez College where she studies while his wife had a seminar to attend.

The accountancy student was scheduled to take a school exam at 10:30 a.m. that day, James said.

He rushed his daughter to the Mactan Doctors’ Hospital, but she was declared dead on arrival.

Radoc said the body was already stiff when it was brought to the hospital, indicating that she might have been killed in the morning yet. She had bruises on her neck and face.

The attending physician, who examined the victim’s genitals and underwear, said she may have been raped, SPO2 Manolito Abellanosa said.

Radoc said that the girl was fully-clothed when she was found, and that rape didn’t seem to be the main intention of the suspect.

Radoc said they are looking into several angles, but he refused to give details.

Aside from her family, Radoc said they will talk with Montebon’s friends and classmates.

Mayor Paz Radaza called on the police to catch the killer or killers as soon as possible.

“As a mother, I can imagine the painful loss. Let us not allow her death to be in vain. I join all in seeking justice and in demanding for quick but clear answers,” she said in a text message.

“I call on witnesses to please cooperate... As a people, let us unite to quickly find Karen’s killers and bring them to justice,” she added.

The management of the subdivision replaced its security agency after the incident.

Security guards from JSL Security Agency were assigned in the subdivision yesterday.

Radoc lamented that investigators gathered no information from the security guards of Bisda Security Agency who were on duty at the time of the crime because they did not record the names or plate numbers of the vehicles entering the subdivision.

The subdivision did not have security cameras as well.

Security guard Bruno Menguito of the JSL Security Agency said all outsiders have been required to log in and secure stickers issued by the management.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2015/09/16/usc-accountancy-student-killed-inside-house-430582

Edited by Raptor
Kabisay-an gid

Likewise, But it will not bring her back to them

demotivation.us_CAPTAIN-OBVIOUS-Strikes-

But justice will be served, and the victim deserves no less.

• Like 1

The age of the girl is irrelevant.

Facts are relevant.

The men confessed

The men were beaten bloody, do you really need examples of innocents that confessed who weren't beaten, and who weren't even in third world nations?

Four days from arrest to execution is nothing more than a barbaric lynching by a mob of psychotic Muslims. 

No one from the city police could explain how the suspects, who were held at the Marawi City jail, disappeared from their cell and ended up dead with gunshots to the head.

Edited by Raptor
  • Like 1

Facts are relevant.

Here is a fact, a girl was raped and killed. That's all I need to know. The age of the victim is irrelevant. The different ages being given is most likely because the girl has no birth certificate. That is very common in that part of Mindanao and depending on who is asked about her age, will depend on the answer you get. In many cases the parents nor the child themselves will know their age and will estimate based on memory.  

The men were beaten bloody, do you really need examples of innocents that confessed who weren't beaten, and who weren't even in third world nations?

Four days from arrest to execution is nothing more than a barbaric lynching by a mob of psychotic Muslims. 

No one from the city police could explain how the suspects, who were held at the Marawi City jail, disappeared from their cell and ended up dead with gunshots to the head.

The below story and most found online say they were released. Who knows for sure. I also do not know how the face of the one guy was bloodied, but the picture shows him at the police station. Maybe he resisted arrest? Once again, who knows for sure. I really could care less. They confessed, the families turned them over to be executed, that's good enough for me. There is still an ongoing investigation, so we will just have to wait and see the what the conclusion is. Nothing I have read or seen so far points to them being innocent. 

The suspects were released by Marawi city police Monday evening and hours later the four were allegedly executed by shooting.
Lanao del Sur Police Director Agustin Tello told Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro by phone Tuesday morning that the suspects were released at 9 p.m. Monday. They were detained for 36 hours and released since charges weren’t filed against them.
Tello said the suspects were released after the given regulatory period lapsed since there were no complaints filed from the victim’s family.
Edited by Tullioz

Here is a fact, a girl was raped and killed. That's all I need to know.

Someone interested in justice for that crime needs to know more, a lot more. The problem is many people get caught up in the mob hysteria of an immediate arrest, leading to wrongful arrests, false confessions, and innocents being lynched.

Nothing I have read or seen so far points to them being innocent.

Nothing I've read or seen points to you being innocent. Most civilized societies function with innocent until proven guilty to avoid that perversion of justice you proudly linked.

• Like 5

Facts are relevant.

One more ptential bomber off the streets Edited by billy
  • Like 1

Someone interested in justice for that crime needs to know more, a lot more. The problem is many people get caught up in the mob hysteria of an immediate arrest, leading to wrongful arrests, false confessions, and innocents being lynched.

Nothing I've read or seen points to you being innocent. Most civilized societies function with innocent until proven guilty to avoid that perversion of justice you proudly linked.

It's a different culture and they have a different way of doing things in that part of the country. The family of the victim not filing charges and the willingness of the family of the accused to hand them over to be executed in order to avoid violence speaks a lot in this case. Sounds like everyone involved knew these guys were guilty and had a mutual understanding. If the guys were not guilty and executed there would have no doubt been violence. 

They were also suspects in the killing of a college professor, a student at the Mindanao State University and in a previous rape case so chances are the outcome was just. We have went way off topic here so I am not going to argue about this any longer.  I just hope those responsible for the rape of the girl in in Cebu have the outcome.  

Nothing I have read or seen so far points to them being innocent.

True, maybe as evidence is gathered eventually the truth will...oh wait they're dead. :paul: 

• Like 1