Sign in to follow this  
heyjoe60

CPS needed in the Philippines

heyjoe60

I saw my neighbor coming up the street on his motorbike along with his daughter and his wife in the back. His wife was holding on to the bike with one hand and her other hand holding an INFANT high above the heads of the others as if holding a fecking roman candle! Christ doesn't anybody care when they see something like this? I know it's common here in the Philippines to see 4 or 5 people riding on the same bike, most of the time 2 or 3 small children at the same time! I wish they had CPS here because in the civilized world and I do mean that, it is a serious case of child endangerment. I could not believe seeing her holding this tiny baby on a moving motorbike with multiple people on it and the thing is it isn't even her baby, she is the nanny of some renting couple who are at work 12 hours a day. Had I seen this as one of that baby's parents I don't know what I would have done. I definately know what the hell I would say to all of them though! It really fricken burns me up when I see something like that. Had they have been in states they would all be in jail and the baby in child custody. BUT! Things don't work that way here and it seems outside of the Metropolis of Manila nobody gives a damn or even gives it a second thought that something is very wrong with this. Goddamn it!!!

• Like 3

arentol

it seems outside of the Metropolis of Manila nobody gives a damn

I didn't know there were so many good law-abiding folks in Manila.

Goddamn it!!! 

I sense some anger here. Maybe Philippines isn't the place for you...?

Aren

• Like 3

smokey

I saw my neighbor coming up the street on his motorbike along with his daughter and his wife in the back. His wife was holding on to the bike with one hand and her other hand holding an INFANT high above the heads of the others as if holding a fecking roman candle! Christ doesn't anybody care when they see something like this? I know it's common here in the Philippines to see 4 or 5 people riding on the same bike, most of the time 2 or 3 small children at the same time! I wish they had CPS here because in the civilized world and I do mean that, it is a serious case of child endangerment. I could not believe seeing her holding this tiny baby on a moving motorbike with multiple people on it and the thing is it isn't even her baby, she is the nanny of some renting couple who are at work 12 hours a day. Had I seen this as one of that baby's parents I don't know what I would have done. I definately know what the hell I would say to all of them though! It really fricken burns me up when I see something like that. Had they have been in states they would all be in jail and the baby in child custody. BUT! Things don't work that way here and it seems outside of the Metropolis of Manila nobody gives a damn or even gives it a second thought that something is very wrong with this. Goddamn it!!!

the real problem starts when and not if but when they have a wreck and as luck would be against you ... YOUR within 30 meters of the bike and everyone screams its the foreigner fault

• Like 3

KennyF

What's CPS mean?

KonC

• Like 3

smokey

What's CPS mean?

KonC

childrens protect service ...

angbumabasa

What's CPS mean?

KonC

Child Protective Services?

heyjoe60

I didn't know there were so many good law-abiding folks in Manila.

I sense some anger here. Maybe Philippines isn't the place for you...?

Aren

No, its just that you can't do crap about something like that is what pisses me off.

the real problem starts when and not if but when they have a wreck and as luck would be against you ... YOUR within 30 meters of the bike and everyone screams its the foreigner fault

It would be my fault from 3 stories up looking down? ok....

SkyMan
the real problem starts when and not if but when they have a wreck 

Quite probably most of the population were on a scooter under the age of 2 at one time or perhaps often.   Doesn't seem to be slowing the growth down much.

Edited by SkyMan

Jawny

I can understand your feelings, but this is not at all uncommon. When I see this, it is upsetting. However, there's nothing that you will able to do to change this sort of behavior.

Where I live, I see toddlers, just barely walking, alongside the national highway, using the road shoulder as a play area. Most of time there is an adult or older child close by, but completely inattentive.

As to child protective services, (helps if you spell out these unfamiliar acronyms) there is a similar government agency, the Department of Social Welfare and Development, DSWD. Useless and bureaucratic. I would advise you to NOT get involved in reporting instances like this.

• Like 1

ex231

Yes, it would still be your fault. You're a foreigner aren't you?

smokey

No, its just that you can't do crap about something like that is what pisses me off.

only if 10 people agree it was you maybe you did voodoo

heyjoe60

I can understand your feelings, but this is not at all uncommon. When I see this, it is upsetting. However, there's nothing that you will able to do to change this sort of behavior.

Where I live, I see toddlers, just barely walking, alongside the national highway, using the road shoulder as a play area. Most of time there is an adult or older child close by, but completely inattentive.

As to child protective services, (helps if you spell out these unfamiliar acronyms) there is a similar government agency, the Department of Social Welfare and Development, DSWD. Useless and bureaucratic. I would advise you to NOT get involved in reporting instances like this.

I would advise you to NOT get involved in reporting instances like this.

I won't. As upsetting as it is I'll just remind myself where I am and turn the other way and just accept it as it's how it is here. End of matter.

Lee

If you are that concerned for the baby, then take a picture and find a way to get it to the parents without anyone knowing you were the one who sent it, if the parents end up not caring, then you probably shouldn't either but I suspect the yaya will be history once they find out. 

heyjoe60

Yes, it would still be your fault. You're a foreigner aren't you?

sorry but you aren't making any sense... :wheel:

Jester

When I am in the PI's I think this is not right, that is not right.  OMG look at that, somebody should do something about that, why doesn't the Gov fix this or that. What the freak is wrong with these people and this country?

There is nothing wrong with the PI's, it is me.                            Maybe it is you?               Jester

PS  If you really want to get your ass in a jam, stick your nose where it does not belong in the PI's         

• Like 1