Sign in to follow this  
jtmwatchbiz

St. Mark Hotel Cebu City

jtmwatchbiz

recently we had the pleasure of meeting the owner (Mark) at the St. Mark Hotel as some of our out of town friends were staying there.  the place is brand spanking new and gorgeous, and quite an enjoyable place to stay.  the location was perfect for our friends as it's just a 30 second walk to stores and mango ave and all the restaurants and nite spots. 

the owner is a nice Australian family man and runs a top shelf operation so give the place a try next time you're in town for a visit.

http://www.st-markhotel.com/

• Like 1

steveanton777

Thanks... i will give it a try!

• Like 1

colemanlee

Fred, I tried to check and see how close it is to the Time Out....walking distance?

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Fred, I tried to check and see how close it is to the Time Out....walking distance?

You cheap ******-.

It might cost you a whole P50 in a taxi.

• Like 2

colemanlee

Hell when your as old as I am you need the exercise :dance: ....besides Im very good at stumbling home drunk

• Like 4

jtmwatchbiz

the place is about a 5 to 7 minute walk to fuente circle and robinsons and time out is about a 2 or 3 minute walk from robinsons i think.

as don said, the taxi ride would be barely flag down plus a few pesos :)

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

the good news is the place is literally around the corner from all the hot spots on mango yet secluded enough that it's quiet and safe.  

contraman

the owner is a nice Australian family man and runs a top shelf operation so give the place a try next time you're in town for a visit.

Was going well until you got to that part :idontknow:

• Like 3

Jester

Already stayed there, nice place, decent location.  One can go sin on Mango and walk across the street to get forgiven, first thing in the morning!

I also like Preimer city suites, longer walk to get forgiven. But a really nice place with great staff.

I would go to whichever one was cheaper. Except now that I know it is an Aussi I will pay a bit more for the citi suites.  Jester

• Like 2

Nangulo

the place is brand spanking new

Their web page has a copyright date of 2013. ???

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

Their web page has a copyright date of 2013. ???

is that a deal breaker for you?  compared to just about everything in the area this place is about as virgin as one will find.   hell the chairs in the lobby look as if they have yet to be sat in. 

contraman
hell the chairs in the lobby look as if they have yet to be sat in. 

Hmmmm

That happens when you have no customers :yahoo:

:sarcasm:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 1

hyaku

Already stayed there, nice place, decent location.  One can go sin on Mango and walk across the street to get forgiven, first thing in the morning!

I also like Preimer city suites, longer walk to get forgiven. But a really nice place with great staff.

I would go to whichever one was cheaper. Except now that I know it is an Aussi I will pay a bit more for the citi suites.  Jester

And its near Fooda. A lady in there at the back of the shop does some nice Chinese style lumpia for good snack. Get there early as she sells out quick. They have some decent ceramic knives in there too.

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

And its near Fooda. A lady in there at the back of the shop does some nice Chinese style lumpia for good snack. Get there early as she sells out quick. They have some decent ceramic knives in there too.

yes my wife does all our grocery shopping at that Fooda.  the neighborhood is nice and quiet and easy in and out for driving.  i just wish they would oil up the wheels in the shopping carts as most of them need arnold schwarzenegger to push them :)