Sign in to follow this  
Pman

Good health insurance in philippines?

maximian

I use blue cross philippines USD (Plan A) with no deductible. I pay nothing for most of our medical needs. There have been 3 hospitalizations since our insurance started and they were amazing every time. When we go into a hospital we just have to flash our card and they say "right this way, Sir". We get the best rooms, the best doctors, the best hospitals, and the best service this country has to offer.

It even covers internationally for up to the first 90 days in a country (anywhere in the world). If you have Treatment Area Limitation in effect (for the reduced premium) it will still cover emergencies still; but not cover treatmeant of non-emergency related conditions (conditions which do not require hospitalization).

http://bluecross.com.ph

Premiums for USD plans can be found here:

http://bluecross.com.ph/index.php?id=medicalplans&plan=blueroyale⊂=prem

How much do you pay per annum?

I had a quote from them a few years ago and the price was ridiculous considering myself and the wife had both been given clean bills of health.

ozboy

I think Andy is no longer involved with that company he was with....plus i feel he was cheesed off with all the back n forth un decisions, 

• Like 1

Irenicus

Premiums for USD plans can be found here:   http://bluecross.com...royale⊂=prem

Holy crap - those are yearly rates?

If so, that is super sulit.

senseless

Holy crap - those are yearly rates?

If so, that is super sulit.

Yes, those are the annual premiums in USD

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1

senseless

How much do you pay per annum?

I had a quote from them a few years ago and the price was ridiculous considering myself and the wife had both been given clean bills of health.

It's 2.7K/year USD for the 3 of us

The annual premiums are on their website

• Like 2

maximian

It's 2.7K/year USD for the 3 of us

The annual premiums are on their website

Thanks

The prices have gone down from a few years ago.

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo

I use blue cross philippines USD (Plan A) with no deductible. I pay nothing for most of our medical needs. There have been 3 hospitalizations since our insurance started and they were amazing every time. When we go into a hospital we just have to flash our card and they say "right this way, Sir". We get the best rooms, the best doctors, the best hospitals, and the best service this country has to offer.

It even covers internationally for up to the first 90 days in a country (anywhere in the world). If you have Treatment Area Limitation in effect (for the reduced premium) it will still cover emergencies still; but not cover treatmeant of non-emergency related conditions (conditions which do not require hospitalization).

http://bluecross.com.ph

Premiums for USD plans can be found here:

http://bluecross.com.ph/index.php?id=medicalplans&plan=blueroyale⊂=prem

Was seriously considering going with these guys for awhile now but will defiantly get covered by them when I make the permanent move early next year. Thanks.

Davaoeno

This is my 3rd year with Blue Cross. I currently pay about 48000 a year . That is for a semi-private room if hospitalized.  I have never had a claim .  Over the 3 years i started on 2 or 3 new medications and made sure each year that they knew and could not use them against me if I ever have a claim.   

• Like 4

InternetTough

A+ International ive had them for two years reasonable covers 7 asian countries. On there asian plan. The best ive found for price and coverage

Interesting

Ozbrum

Great post, 

really good to see some constructive and helpful replies....

be interesting to see a chart showing pro's and cons of each plan from each company if that were possible...?

I joined philhealth online, 2 weeks ago, went to their office here in Cebu and picked up my ID card.... easy as....    Did this on advice from several members here at LINC

thanks

• Like 2

Thalcoozyo

This is my 3rd year with Blue Cross. I currently pay about 48000 a year . That is for a semi-private room if hospitalized.  I have never had a claim .  Over the 3 years i started on 2 or 3 new medications and made sure each year that they knew and could not use them against me if I ever have a claim.   

48000 = $48,000  or p48,000 ?   Please tell me it's pesos. Please.

• Like 1

davewe

How did you arrange a price much less than what is listed on their website ($1956/year for core benefits)?

cvgtpc1

I echo Senseless' comments. I have had the same policy as him for 7 years now and had to use it twice, once for dengue and once for bad knee injury involving an 8-day stay. Excellent cash-free admission and follow-up from Blue Cross reps was as good or better than anything experienced back in Europe. Check-out as painless as admission. Highly recommended!

But I assume this was in a major city hospital not something out in the province?

Monsoon

PhilCare - he's young enough to qualify for it.

Personally I would not trust any Philippine owned/managed health insurance program. Think about it. This is not a plan you take on so you only pay a $10 co-pay to take your kid to the doctor with the sniffles. This is something for catastrophic events and illnesses. Do you want your financial security and the life of your loved ones in the hands of a country that can't even keep driver license cards in stock? 

How did you arrange a price much less than what is listed on their website ($1956/year for core benefits)?

There are a lot of options for the BC Philippines plans. One big one is a  U.S. exclusion. 

Personally, I think BC Philippines is a sham. 

Over the 3 years i started on 2 or 3 new medications and made sure each year that they knew and could not use them against me if I ever have a claim.   

What is your remedy if they do? 

• Like 2

cebulover2000

I took some time going over the premiums and benefits of the several insurance provider mentioned:

A+ International offers a high coverage with high deductible at fairly high costs

Blue Cross USD plan is expesnive buit covers you when in the US as well

Philcare is an option for those who only want a low coverage of up to 80,000 pesos/year at comparable low cost

Blue Cross Philippine plan offers many options to choose from and is much cheaper than the USD plan they offer, for our family of 3, we would pay $3,800/year (no dental) compared to 40,000 to 78,000 the Philippine plan offers. I believe the 78,000 pesos plan compares to the USD plan but doesn't include US coverage but still has travel insurance for up to 90 days included.