Sign in to follow this  
Pman

Good health insurance in philippines?

Pman

Any suggestions?

I want good coverage.

Anyone have any suggestions? Good experiences?

billy

A+ International ive had them for two years reasonable covers 7 asian countries. On there asian plan. The best ive found for price and coverage

• Like 2

Enuff

A+ International ive had them for two years reasonable covers 7 asian countries. On there asian plan. The best ive found for price and coverage

thanks Billy, have you used it yet?

Ozbrum

Seem very fair and competitive... just viewed their plans and found them simple to follow and compare...... thanks

Pman

Link? Phone number?

liquido

Would Philhealth be an option for you?

• Like 1

Irenicus

Any suggestions?

I want good coverage.

Anyone have any suggestions? Good experiences?

PhilHealth is OK for a bit of inpatient compensation, but Pman might want to check out PhilCare - he's young enough to qualify for it.

I thought only Filipinos could get PhilCare, but - as usual - I was wrong.

They have an office on the 2nd floor of the Portal West building - (north side of downtown area on Perdices, just as you are entering the Silliman U campus).

They have a boatload of different plans to cover all kinds of needs.  My gal has PhilCare though work and it covers a whole lot more than just PhilHealth.

• Like 3

Pman

PhilHealth is OK for a bit of inpatient compensation, but Pman might want to check out PhilCare - he's young enough to qualify for it.

I thought only Filipinos could get PhilCare, but - as usual - I was wrong.

They have an office on the 2nd floor of the Portal West building - (north side of downtown area on Perdices, just as you are entering the Silliman U campus).

They have a boatload of different plans to cover all kinds of needs.  My gal has PhilCare though work and it covers a whole lot more than just PhilHealth.

My understanding is you have to be in ph for six months first. Did I get mistaken impression? That will be troublesome as I'm taking my girl to Hong Kong in December.

• Like 1

TDCNINJA

No. Philhealth is not an option for anyone.

senseless

I use blue cross philippines USD (Plan A) with no deductible. I pay nothing for most of our medical needs. There have been 3 hospitalizations since our insurance started and they were amazing every time. When we go into a hospital we just have to flash our card and they say "right this way, Sir". We get the best rooms, the best doctors, the best hospitals, and the best service this country has to offer.

It even covers internationally for up to the first 90 days in a country (anywhere in the world). If you have Treatment Area Limitation in effect (for the reduced premium) it will still cover emergencies still; but not cover treatmeant of non-emergency related conditions (conditions which do not require hospitalization).

http://bluecross.com.ph

Premiums for USD plans can be found here:

http://bluecross.com.ph/index.php?id=medicalplans&plan=blueroyale⊂=prem

Edited by senseless
  • Like 6

Jeepney

I know Andy (Stagger) tried to setup a group insurance here for LINC.

Dont know if he still active here, but he is insurance agent, that time based in Cebu, but now in Manila.

He would know all about it, and would have good rates.

• Like 1

Bill H

No. Philhealth is not an option for anyone.

This because?

• Like 1

Barryrio

I echo Senseless' comments. I have had the same policy as him for 7 years now and had to use it twice, once for dengue and once for bad knee injury involving an 8-day stay. Excellent cash-free admission and follow-up from Blue Cross reps was as good or better than anything experienced back in Europe. Check-out as painless as admission. Highly recommended!

• Like 5

billy

thanks Billy, have you used it yet?

Yes ive used it was in chung hua for nine days motorcycle aciident and they paid no problem. Ive checked blue cross in the philippines the cost is much higher and i dont trust a philippine insurance company. A+ International is owned by a large international insurance company

• Like 2

maximian

How old are you?

We use Caritas Health Shield and have done for several years. Never had any problems claiming, however they do have an age restriction when you first apply.

http://www.caritashealthshield.com.ph/aboutus.php

• Like 2