Sign in to follow this  
easy44

USD to PhP Exchange Rate

smokey

Realeaste valus is all paper until you see the cash.   The Realeaste boom will come when the 30 year. Loan comes with 5%all in

• Like 1

Jack Rat
On 9/25/2018 at 6:09 PM, Richard K said:

There was not a single house I ever owned that I could classify as  "entertaining"

It really amazes me how many sellers here in the Philippines really don't know the 'true value' of their property. I have seen many overpriced homes for sale and they tend to sit unsold for years. These days many younger prospective home owners would rather build a house to their own design rather than buy an overpriced, and quite possibly a badly built home.

• Like 2

lolhahaha

Yeah we've seen random regular looking houses on 200-300 meter lots for 20M Pesos in small towns far away from anything. I always say that they are just hoping that somebody dumb comes around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TequilaSunset

I haven't looked at the exchange rate in a while. DAYUM, 54+, I think it was just over 51 back in April when I visited last.

Dafey

Somehow this thread strayed to Real Estate...while somewhat related let's keep this topic on The value of the Peso and if you want to talk Real Estate, please open a new thread about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

lolhahaha

I got 54.3 the other day on transferwise.
Not complaining.

2 to 3 years ago we built our house when it was 42 to 43 to 1. At times I've pondered how much we could have saved if we had just waited. Then I see myself out on a hammock without shade and I realize that the exchange rate means nothing in reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Richard K
6 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

I got 54.3 the other day on transferwise.
Not complaining.

2 to 3 years ago we built our house when it was 42 to 43 to 1. At times I've pondered how much we could have saved if we had just waited. Then I see myself out on a hammock without shade and I realize that the exchange rate means nothing in reality.

I agree with this..When I got here I had enough at 42... I have enough now. It's cool it is going up.. but what goes up almost always comes down (except taxes).. even though prices are rising somewhat I will be happy if it stays above 42 for my remaining days

SkyMan

I was near Fuente today so exchanged at Raintree for 54.20 Then I was at Ayala so I  checked the rate in Rustans and it was the same.  I think the Rustans exchange is also open Sundays. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I was near Fuente today so exchanged at Raintree for 54.20 Then I was at Ayala so I  checked the rate in Rustans and it was the same.  I think the Rustans exchange is also open Sundays. 

Nearly off topic....  After the exchange I went to BPI to deposit a chunk.  After a machine count the teller recounted by hand and stopped at one of the bills.  She looked at it closely and set it aside and continued counting.  I looked at it and noticed the little shiny hologram left of the heroes pictures was missing.  Oh great, they slipped me a fake.  Now what?  Do I take it back to the exchange and they say it wasn't there's and then what?  Or do they even let me take it out of the bank?  Anyway, she showed it to another teller and then to a manager and then she put it in the back of her drawer and pulled out another.  Cool.  Of course, if it had been a US bill with a mistake it would probably be worth something but I don't think so here.

• Like 2

Dafey
On 10/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, SkyMan said:

She looked at it closely and set it aside

Was it a 1000?

SkyMan
20 hours ago, Dafey said:

Was it a 1000?

Yes.

lolhahaha

A few days ago I sent some cash to my wife's account and when she withdrew from the atm all it had was 100 peso bills. So she brought home 100 of them. Good thing she wasn't trying to withdraw 50k pesos.

• Like 1

SkyMan
7 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

A few days ago I sent some cash to my wife's account and when she withdrew from the atm all it had was 100 peso bills. So she brought home 100 of them. Good thing she wasn't trying to withdraw 50k pesos.

So that's like 5 withdrawals.  Hope there wasn't a fee on those.

yingy52

Always a fee. The banks are greedy.

lolhahaha

No there isn't a fee to use your own banks atm.
It's kind of ridiculous to put basically 2 dollar bills in an ATM machine though.