Is anyone part of net-metering scheme?

senseless

I was reading on meralco's site about the net-metering program today.. It seems that they're only willing to give you an account credit for solar produced over that which you use. Has anyone using net-metering received a check for their account credits?

I was looking to build a solar system larger than our power needs in an attempt to get meralco to pay me for a change. But it seems they won't actually send me a check for my account credits?

Edited by senseless
woodchopper

But it seems they won't actually send me a check for my account credits?

in the phils,,wont send a cheque,,OMG,,thats like not give money back,,i think?

• Like 1
senseless

https://www.doe.gov.ph/netmeteringguide/index.php/annex-3-erc-response-letter-to-clarification-issues

They're not required to pay you. So in the case of meralco, you can accumulate 1B pesos worth of credits and they will just keep them as such, never paying out your account credits. This will probably change after they get sued a few times; but they get sued for payment even by their existing power producing plants (coal, etc)..