Trip with a minor lands man, 53, in cell

"acts in the performance of a moral.duty."

take her 16 y.o. daughter, whom you've known since her birth, from her provincial home to the big city of Cebu in order to ensure her safety
  • Like 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woodchopper

• Tullioz

• contraman

• Wolfpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The degradation of social morals (moree's?) is frightening.  So now, if the neighbor asks you to take her 16 y.o. daughter, whom you've known since her birth, from her provincial home to the big city

Or 68, depending where you look         According to Tullioz, that's simply impossible.

Tullioz, will you please go tell the cops that they were wrong to arrest this guy and please let us know how it all works out.    If only the guy had read this forum before he did that and if he did

Posted Images

Tullioz

According to Tullioz, that's simply impossible.

You do not think his actions were suspicious?

No, he would say that there must have been suspicious behavior. And the law clearly states that's a requirement......nowhere.

The following line is written in the law:

"under circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to believe that the child is about to be exploited in prostitution and other sexual abuse."

In written law, once something is stated in a preceeding clause, it does not have to be written in clauses, sections or articles that follow. This is to avoid being repitious.

Tullioz, will you please go tell the cops that they were wrong to arrest this guy and please let us know how it all works out.

They were not wrong.

Apparently his behavior looked suspicious to the IACAT people. Who knows what they witnessed maybe the two were holding hands and kissing. There is no way to know for sure. Then it was later discovered that He had transported the girl to the terminal and lived with the girl in Bohol for three days. That alone would make any reasonable person suspicious.

Poorly written vague laws + non bailable offense + culture of curuption = stay away from non-family under 18 as much as reasonably possible. Easy.

Bail is allowed under Article 6, Section 10b

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 4

his behavior looked suspicious

Now you're just making things up, losing credibility fast:

personnel of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) 7 saw the two walking with each other at the port
Tullioz

If you are going to quote me, you need to include the full context. "I" never said he looked suspicious. I wasn't there. Here is what I said.

Apparently his behavior looked suspicious to the IACAT people.

You also cut the line from the article short as well. You made it sound like they just saw them walking together and picked them up. According to the article they followed them and it was during that time that the behavior of the two must have raised suspicion.

"When personnel of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) 7 saw the two walking with each other at the port, they followed the two until they reached the CSBT."

They were not picked up for simply walking together, something they were doing must have raised suspicion while they were being observed or they would not have picked him up.

Edited by Tullioz
Wolfpack

this guy lives 200 yards from San Fernando High School and the IT College here...and has never displayed anything close to suspicious behavior toward the young girls (or boys) that pass by his apartment every day...

I do not know what this guy got himself into...but some strange scam for sure...

these guys (he is friends with) have all been law abiding citizens...that were living off the land before Yolanda hit...and now have been seeking new ways to survive and I am not talking about anything to do with sex scams...

Edited by Wolfpack
Wolfpack

PO3 Venus Tampus, chief of the Women and Children Protection Desk of Police Station 5, refused to divulge more information about the case to the press.

Most likely because when they investigated further, they realized they screwed up...

woodchopper

PO3 Venus Tampus, chief of the Women and Children Protection Desk of Police Station 5, refused to divulge more information about the case to the press.

they will more than likely be the group/person/s to question the girl concerned b4 releasing any more info etc!

Wolfpack

PO3 Venus Tampus, chief of the Women and Children Protection Desk of Police Station 5, refused to divulge more information about the case to the press.

they will more than likely be the group/person/s to question the girl concerned b4 releasing any more info etc!

well, things are quiet in San Fernando...no TV camera's...no police tape...no electronics being taken out of the apartments...no sex workers being hauled away in their underwear...

they did not breakup a sex ring...if that is what they were looking for...

...they might find one or two of my bibles

Edited by Wolfpack
Tullioz

PO3 Venus Tampus, chief of the Women and Children Protection Desk of Police Station 5, refused to divulge more information about the case to the press.

Most likely because when they investigated further, they realized they screwed up...

Or even more likely because there is a minor involved.

Edited by Tullioz
delancey

You do not think his actions were suspicious?

The following line is written in the law:

"under circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to believe that the child is about to be exploited in prostitution and other sexual abuse."

In written law, once something is stated in a preceeding clause, it does not have to be written in clauses, sections or articles that follow. This is to avoid being repitious.

They were not wrong.

Apparently his behavior looked suspicious to the IACAT people. Who knows what they witnessed maybe the two were holding hands and kissing. There is no way to know for sure. Then it was later discovered that He had transported the girl to the terminal and lived with the girl in Bohol for three days. That alone would make any reasonable person suspicious.

Bail is allowed under Article 6, Section 10b

Bail is allowed if the apply the law correctly, perhaps. That's the issue with this subject. The application of the law.

• Like 1
delancey

i think the word you are looking for is actually snide !

Incorrect. I used the exact word I was looking for.

Wolfpack

Or even more likely because there is a minor involved.

I just love your guilty first mentality...

The local guilty first mentality is bad enough...but from the foreigner community too, not cool

• Like 3
Davaoeno

Incorrect. I used the exact word I was looking for.

in·sight·ful
inˈsītfəl,ˈinsītfəl/
adjective

1. having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.
Davaoeno

They were not picked up for simply walking together, something they were doing must have raised suspicion while they were being observed or they would not have picked him up.

Yes I am sure you are right .  Lets see now - older foreigner, younger filipina, having a conversation - yup- sounds damn suspicious to me 

I see  how you are now  trying to distance yourself from previous posts about this matter- for which you caught a lot of flack.    

• Like 3
Tullioz

Yes I am sure you are right .  Lets see now - older foreigner, younger filipina, having a conversation - yup- sounds damn suspicious to me 

I see  how you are now  trying to distance yourself from previous posts about this matter- for which you caught a lot of flack.    

The article does not say why they picked the guy up. It is not illegal to be alone with a minor period. He was living with the girl for three days. Does that not raise suspicion in your eyes? And we have no idea of their behavior prior to them stopping him and questioning him. Who knows what they were doing.

Edited by Tullioz