• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woodchopper

• contraman

• Tullioz

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The degradation of social morals (moree's?) is frightening.  So now, if the neighbor asks you to take her 16 y.o. daughter, whom you've known since her birth, from her provincial home to the big city

Or 68, depending where you look         According to Tullioz, that's simply impossible.

Tullioz, will you please go tell the cops that they were wrong to arrest this guy and please let us know how it all works out.    If only the guy had read this forum before he did that and if he did

Posted Images

When personnel of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) 7 saw the two walking with each other at the port, they followed the two until they reached the CSBT.

This smells like bullshit to me. The real story here is just another propaganda piece showing how brave and alert these IACAT people are.  Laying in wait at the ferry and bus terminals?  Get a life!  Makes you wonder how many real perps they round up.  On the other hand, it was quite stupid of the Dane to offer a ride (I assume taxi) to the bus station if he knew she was a minor.  Any foreigner who spends time in the RP should already know that IACAT is looking for any excuse to make another propaganda bust.  I mean the guy could have waited 2 more years before he decided to accompany her to Carcar. 

So it will be interesting to see how this ends, since they were essentially 2 individuals going to the same place at the same time via the same public transportation modes.  Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if I am sitting on a bus and a minor sits next to me, we chit chat and then get off the bus together(?) or just happen to be in proximity as we are chatting on our way out of the bus terminal, me going my way and s/he going their way, because, you know, I am a smart dude and know better than to offer a minor a ride in a taxi even if we are going to the same destination.  These IACAT people are so desperate for a bust that everything is just black and white, when in the real world, we all know that it is mostly just different shades of gray.

Edited by Kreole

I would also think somesthings wrong

If i see paul walking around with a 16 year old pinay girl

You wouldn't see me walking around with a 16 years old Pinay. I'm not stupid enough to put myself in that sort of position. 

• Like 7

You wouldn't see me walking around with a 16 years old Pinay. I'm not stupid enough to put myself in that sort of position.

Seee theres the answer

Know the laws of that place youre planning to stay

• Like 2
Skywalker

I sometimes take the under age minors, that live in my house, to the movies or shopping for food or clothes.  Never had an issue.  But I did ask a friend of the family, who is a policeman, and he said that if you are all living together with the parents it shouldn't present a problem.  I've taken them to the dentist because the parents cannot control them as easily as I can, and the kids know I won't stand for any nonsense.  I've picked them up from school, but the school authorities know me well enough, since I go in once a month to pay the school fees.

To be honest I don't really give it too much thought, I've known the kids and adults for many years.  I realise that, on the surface, it could look suspicious, but I know the parents have my back.

However, having said that, I certainly wouldn't rock up at a port to whisk them off to another island without their parents with me.  :morn:

• Like 9

Initial investigation led by PO3 Elrich Catacutan of the Cebu City Police Station 5 in Carbon showed that the foreigner had transported and lived with the girl in Bohol for three days.

A few posters are talking about just BEING with the girl at the port when in fact the above would indicate that they were an item.

There is no indication of what the two were doing either.

Maybe acting unseemly for just neighbors or friends?

Were they smooching or being otherwise "boy friend and girl friend"?

How old did she look?

How were they dressed?

etc, etc, etc.

KonC

• Like 3
shonkyimp

. But I did ask a friend of the family, who is a policeman, and he said that if you are all living together with the parents it shouldn't present a problem

Not having a go at you but didnt the underage beauty queen up north who was living with the foreigner also have the parents living there too? Im sure your motives are innocent but be careful. According to this post your policeman friend is incorrect.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?/topic/84455-Minor-rescued-from-American:-Girl,-family-living-with-suspect

Edited by shonkyimp
  • Like 2
SkyMan

Trixie reportedly resides in Carcar City. Sten has a temporary home at the M3 in South Poblacion, San Fernando town.

When personnel of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) 7 saw the two walking with each other at the port, they followed the two until they reached the CSBT.
I'm guessing here but I think they took a cab together to the bus terminal and the IACAT were in hot pursuit on a scooter?  His error then was stopping at the terminal.  He should have taken the cab to San Fernando and dropped her to take other transportation to Carcar.

This smells like bullshit to me. The real story here is just another propaganda piece showing how brave and alert these IACAT people are.  Laying in wait at the ferry and bus terminals?
And then you contradict yourself....

Any foreigner who spends time in the RP should already know that IACAT is looking for any excuse to make another propaganda bust. 

I mean the guy could have waited 2 more years before he decided to accompany her to Carcar. 
Public transportation is slow but let's be real here.  

So it will be interesting to see how this ends
We never get to see how it ends.

But I did ask a friend of the family, who is a policeman, and he said that if you are all living together with the parents it shouldn't present a problem.
So you shouldn't have to worry about huge legal bills and years in prison then.  That's comforting.

but I know the parents have my back.
The parents of the 17yo living with the foreigner in Bogo had his back too.  They may still be in jail.
old biker

Yes   and this time it is a guy from Denmark   hmmm

wot not from Australia ????? bugger me gently wot is the country coming to ?? next we will hear that all visitors to the Philippines are not Rich Bad Guys,    :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:

• Like 1

In the freeman paper said he was going to get bail for 120,000 P according to his lawyer ,and you know the papers always have the correct information  heeee

• Like 1
delancey

Just a quick side comment... the member here that seems to love being around children so much he will do anything to justify the threat of incareceration is exagerated, is not the person to take advice from! Poorly written vague laws + non bailable offense + culture of curuption = stay away from non-family under 18 as much as reasonably possible. Easy.

• Like 2
Just don't do it. There is really no reason to be a alone with an underage person unless you are related to them.

So, you define being "alone" as traveling on a public transport together or in the close proximity of a minor?  Geeze, we are all fvcked then!  When I travel on the ferry I have minor kids hanging all around me, in the bed above or below, front, back.  I might, on the rarest of occasions, even acknowledge them or, god forbid, share some food.  But mostly, I don't interact with them.  Mind you, these are children in the company and presence of their families. 

Children are one of the true joys of life if you have an open heart.  I tend to try to differentiate between children and minors, minors being like pubescent in the age range of 12 to 17.  Under no circumstances, while walking in public areas do I allow any children or obvious minors to get physically close to me, not only because I want to avoid being pick pocketed but because I won't allow any physical contact to be construed as predatory.  I guess because I have been reading too many horror stories on this forum.  I hate to be so guarded, but better guarded than falsely accused.

Edited by Kreole