Trip with a minor lands man, 53, in cell

SunStar

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2015/09/05/trip-minor-lands-man-53-cell-428525

Trip with a minor lands man, 53, in cell

A DANISH architect-businessman was met with handcuffs when he and his 16-year-old Cebuana companion reached the Cebu South Bus Terminal last Thursday afternoon.

Schibbye Peter Sten, 53, now faces a complaint of child abuse for going with Trixie from Pier 1 to the bus terminal in Cebu City past 4 p.m., without any of her adult relatives to accompany them. (Trixie’s real name is being withheld because she is a minor.)

When personnel of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) 7 saw the two walking with each other at the port, they followed the two until they reached the CSBT.

IACAT 7 technical assistant Aitie Insong then sought assistance from PO1s Arnie Joy Medalla and Rolando Tampipi, who were on duty at the bus terminal at that time, to arrest Sten.

Sten and Trixie were reportedly about to board a bus bound for Carcar City.

Trixie was brought to the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development.

Initial investigation led by PO3 Elrich Catacutan of the Cebu City Police Station 5 in Carbon showed that the foreigner had transported and lived with the girl in Bohol for three days.

This was echoed by Cebu City Prosecutor II Simaco Labata of the IATAC 7.

When reporters tried to ask him questions inside the police station yesterday morning, Sten walked away and refused to be interviewed.

During the inquest proceeding at the Cebu City Prosecutor’s Office later in the afternoon, his lawyer Atty. Dexterius Ypanto said that Sten and the girl were not lovers.

He said that Trixie was just one of the many people the architect had joined in Bohol.

The girl, according to him, was with Sten because she wanted to apply for a job. It so happened that Trixie was going home in the same direction as the Danish national, he added.

Trixie reportedly resides in Carcar City. Sten has a temporary home at the M3 in South Poblacion, San Fernando town.

Ypanto told the press that Sten has been living in the Philippines for some years already.

He said that Sten became an architect-engineer of a few buildings built here and that he has a buy-and-sell business, too.

The foreigner is facing criminal complaints for possibly violating a portion of Republic Act 7610 or the Special Protection of Children against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act.

Section 10(b) states: “Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, 12 years or under or who is 10 years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor (six months to four years) in its maximum period and a fine of not less than P50,000.”

PO3 Venus Tampus, chief of the Women and Children Protection Desk of Police Station 5, refused to divulge more information about the case to the press.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on September 05, 2015.

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 3
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woodchopper

• Tullioz

• contraman

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The degradation of social morals (moree's?) is frightening.  So now, if the neighbor asks you to take her 16 y.o. daughter, whom you've known since her birth, from her provincial home to the big city

Or 68, depending where you look         According to Tullioz, that's simply impossible.

Tullioz, will you please go tell the cops that they were wrong to arrest this guy and please let us know how it all works out.    If only the guy had read this forum before he did that and if he did

Posted Images

Here we go again :idontknow:

Yes   and this time it is a guy from Denmark   hmmm

do you know him

No

I dont think so

• Like 3
Jack_be_nimble

Used to be, it would be an honor to be asked to accompany a minor female in order to ensure her safety. Don't guess that's true any longer.

Correct, and sad.   But modern day reality and the the law trumps being a helpful gentleman.

I agree with the earlier poster; 'Just don't do it'.

• Like 1

......and the most common reason people complain about is how their freedoms are being eroded in their home countries.....I think you spend more time looking over your shoulder over here in case you break some obscure rule or regulation that at best seems bizarre, in our way of thinking.......

Having said that, we all or should know not to be seen with minors and in a lot of cases, the reason is not always, out of an innocent act of kindness. 

Look at it from a local person's perspective......If it was an old Asian guy walking around with a young white child in the home country, im sure it would not go unnoticed...but at least you get a chance to explain the situation rather than get handcuffed and thrown in a cell... :help:

• Administrator
Salty Dog

No

I dont think so

Are you sure, because I found this video of the two of you together... :unknw:

Oops sorry, I keep getting European countries mixed up. Those accents all sound the same to us Yanks... :idontknow:

Never mind. :db:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
SkyMan

According to Tullioz, that's simply impossible.
No, he would say that there must have been suspicious behavior.  And the law clearly states that's a requirement......nowhere.
  • Like 2

An engineer who doesnt know the law?

Although i find this law to be crazy

I would also think somesthings wrong

If i see paul walking around with a 16 year old pinay girl :D

SkyMan

do you know him

It's a bet he's not a member.

Edited by SkyMan