Old Member, New Poster

Hello everyone. I guess I better post something before I lose my privelege at being a member of a great forum. I have not only been lurking, but also learning alot about the Cebu area since about 2003. I met my wife through a dating site back in 2001 and we have been married six years as of September 2008. We have a three year old daughter. I am retired from the army and also work at a University army ROTC program. I found this site when I was looking to purchase a cebuano-english dictionary. I did buy it from Paul back in 2003. Anyway, my wife and I would like to move to the Philipinnes one of these days. The only thing I worry about is finding a comparable education for my daughter. That would be the only real thing holding me from moving to the Philipinnes. But that won't be for a number of years anyway. I guess that's why I hav'nt ever posted, just figured I would as time got closer to seriously considering the move. Anyway, now that I have introduced myself maybe I will be motivated to participate in being a attached member as opposed to being detached.

Even though I have only been lurking for these past years I want to say that I do visit this forum daily and feel like I am friends with everyone already.

Thanks for letting me post.

Karl

Wow! Since 2003, eh? So, you have been around a while.

Thanks for posting, Karl.

Oh, schools here will be fine. If you wish, you can even enroll your child(ren) in international schools. The fees though, would be similar to private schools in the US.

Hello everyone. I guess I better post something before I lose my privelege at being a member of a great forum. I have not only been lurking, but also learning alot about the Cebu area since about 2003. I met my wife through a dating site back in 2001 and we have been married six years as of September 2008. We have a three year old daughter. I am retired from the army and also work at a University army ROTC program. I found this site when I was looking to purchase a cebuano-english dictionary. I did buy it from Paul back in 2003. Anyway, my wife and I would like to move to the Philipinnes one of these days. The only thing I worry about is finding a comparable education for my daughter. That would be the only real thing holding me from moving to the Philipinnes. But that won't be for a number of years anyway. I guess that's why I hav'nt ever posted, just figured I would as time got closer to seriously considering the move. Anyway, now that I have introduced myself maybe I will be motivated to participate in being a attached member as opposed to being detached.

Even though I have only been lurking for these past years I want to say that I do visit this forum daily and feel like I am friends with everyone already.

Thanks for letting me post.

Karl